Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

told to move to a new location or leave

Options
  • 11-09-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

at the moment i'm working for a company and based about a 10 min commute away, the manager and i don't get along. usual crap of a lazy manager 'delegating' their work to others. since i started standing up i'm getting the crappy jobs and higher targets than anyone else-apparently to challenge me. The regional manager has asked me to move to another location which is an hour and a half away commute from me because the rm says we cant work together. ive been told if i dont accept the move then i will be out of a job, but my position isn't disappearing or anything...any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Moving location can be considered grounds for redundancy, but there doesn't appear to be any rules on how far the location has to be. We moved offices across the city, and just had to suck it up and go. Unless your contract (NOT terms and conditions) specifically states that you will be working in location 1, then I don't know if there's much you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm in Wexford working and the new location is Limerick. Its been said that this move is a direct result of my manager and i not being able to get on. My contract says i'm based at my current location but from time to time to suit the needs of the company i might be needed to work elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There are no hard and fast rules, but I would be very surprised if that type of distance does not entitle you to redundancy?

Advertisement