Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy hardware online these days?

Options
  • 11-09-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Being trying to process an order on overclockers.co.uk for a while now and the retarded website just won't accept my credit card - despite ordering from them before.

I am trying to order the following:

Intel Core i7 960 3.20Ghz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366)
    Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Dual Fan Quiet CPU Cooler

Any suggestions on where to buy from?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Do you already have a 1366 board? 1155 is better value these days (and keeps up/beats 1366 in many areas).

komplett.ie (free delivery)
    elara.ie (good service but usually a bit dear)
    scan.co.uk (good prices and selection)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Monotype wrote: »
    Do you already have a 1366 board? 1155 is better value these days (and keeps up/beats 1366 in many areas).

komplett.ie (free delivery)
    elara.ie (good service but usually a bit dear)
    scan.co.uk (good prices and selection)

Yeah, sorry, I already have a board and everything else - just need the processor.

I can't find the CPU cooler on any of those sites and am wary enough about Komplett.

I am happy to get another cooler but want a particularly good cooler than is quiet. Can't find anything that I recognise as being good on either site - nor on dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Had a LOT of trouble with OC after spending nearly a grand at the start of the summer and got stung outta cash on returning a faulty PSU. Scan's a lot cheaper and would recommend them. There's another site hardwareverstand.de or something that a lot of boardsies use, but the two mentioned here are my personal experience.
    Regarding Komplett, they tend to charge more for older components, so buy from them if they have what you want as a deal of the day really =)

I just want to settle on something and pay for it so that it will get delivered asap! That German crowd only accept back transfer and I am insanely busy all week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

Bought a Noctua cooler (an NH-C12P SE14 which is brilliant btw) from Komplett a few weeks back, no problems and quick delivery. They have the model you want:

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/13_COOLERS/03_CPU/productdetails/15496004/Noctua_NH_U12P_Processor_cooler_(_Socket_775_/NH_U12P_SE2/default.aspx

Also bought some components from Dabs.ie. Was happy with them too, no problems getting a quick refund for a faulty SSD.

Amazon are also worth trying, delivery is free if supplied direct from Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Dealt with Amazon, Dabs and Komplett for PC compenents and have never had an issue with any of them. Komplett was brilliant when a GFX card was DOA and Dabs gave me free goodies in the box with no mention or fanfare when I ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Scan are good, quick delivery too. Ordered from there last Monday night and it arrived on the Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

I bought all the components for my new PC from amazon.de (Was cheaper than amazon UK and delievery was also free)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

is dabs free delivery ?

I am looking for a cheap psu unit at the most 20e between 500 - 650watts.

Bought a Noctua cooler (an NH-C12P SE14 which is brilliant btw) from Komplett a few weeks back, no problems and quick delivery. They have the model you want:

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/13_COOLERS/03_CPU/productdetails/15496004/Noctua_NH_U12P_Processor_cooler_(_Socket_775_/NH_U12P_SE2/default.aspx

Also bought some components from Dabs.ie. Was happy with them too, no problems getting a quick refund for a faulty SSD.

Amazon are also worth trying, delivery is free if supplied direct from Amazon.

Sweet, just ordered one. Thanking you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

is dabs free delivery ?

I am looking for a cheap psu unit at the most 20e between 500 - 650watts.

They had an offer a while ago which was still running recently that if you ordered something like €75, base delivery was free (you get a charged a small amount for heavy shipments).

Buying a PSU that cheap is likely to destroy your system. A PSU is one area where you definitely can't cut back. You can get that 650W A-data PSU on komplett for €59 which is extremely good value and unlike the cheapo PSUs, it is far more likely to be able to reach 650W safely.

You'd be much better off buying a good quality 400W PSU than a bad 650W one. There are a lot of PSUs around which are not what the manufacturers would have you believe them to be. Beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any sites accept laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

xtal191 wrote: »
    Any sites accept laser?

I think komplett do, but only if you collect from their warehouse.

Advertisement