Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

basic python programme

Options
  • 11-09-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Full_address="Firstname + ''+Surname\
    Address1\
    Address2\
    Address3\"
    Hi,
    i am looking for the syntax (if possible) to make the above work (i am getting syntax errors) so that i can save variables that i have created as a full block of output. I need to push the address onto the line below and not all on one line.
    please help...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

I think its the new line character your after "\n", i have included two ways of doing it, hope its what your looking for :)
    >>> first_name = "First"
    >>> last_name = "Last"
    >>> address1 = "Address one"
    >>> address2 = "Address two"
    >>> address3 = "Address three"
    >>> print first_name + " " + last_name + "\n" + address1 + "\n" + address2 + "\n" + address3
    First Last
    Address one
    Address two
    Address three
    >>> 

or
    >>> first_name = "First"
    >>> last_name = "Last"
    >>> address1 = "Address one"
    >>> address2 = "Address two"
    >>> address3 = "Address three"
    >>> print "%s %s\n%s\n%s\n%s" % (first_name, last_name, address1, address2, address3)
    First Last
    Address one
    Address two
    Address three
    >>>

• Registered Users Posts: 27 adrian7444

thank you for your help (and everyone who replied).......really appreciate all the assistance

i got the programme to do what i wanted:)

adrian

Advertisement