Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inception Quoting

Options
  • 11-09-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that when you quote someone who has in turn quoted someone that it shows the original quoted message as a quote within a quote. Is this something that the site has done deliberately?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Quazzie wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that when you quote someone who has in turn quoted someone that it shows the original quoted message as a quote within a quote. Is this something that the site has done deliberately?
    I've noticed this a lot more over the last couple of days. Didn't think it was an automatic thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I didnt either but it's way too common not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is it something that just happens when people quote while posting from a phone? Just a wild guess.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think it happens when people quote on the mobile/touch site.
    Don't quote me on that though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It only happens to me when using touch.boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Like the way a RE:re:re:re:re: PM looks?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Like the way a RE:re:re:re:re: PM looks?

Precisely. It's a quote within a quote.

INCEPTION

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Happens when I use touch.boards. Don't like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

It can be quite handy to see the context of the original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It takes exponentially longer to read each quote the deeper you go though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cobb: You create the world of the dream, you bring the subject into that dream, and they fill it with their subconscious.
    Ariadne: How could I ever acquire enough detail to make them think that its reality?
    Cobb: Well dreams, they feel real while we're in them, right? It's only when we wake up that we realize how things are actually strange. Let me ask you a question, you, you never really remember the beginning of a dream do you? You always wind up right in the middle of what's going on.
    Ariadne: I guess, yeah.
    Cobb: So how did we end up here?
    Ariadne: Well we just came from the a...
    Cobb: Think about it Ariadne, how did you get here? Where are you right now?
    Ariadne: We're dreaming?
    Cobb: You're actually in the middle of the workshop right now, sleeping. This is your first lesson in shared dreaming. Stay calm.

Advertisement