Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - phone set-up and analogue tv

• 11-09-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, looking for some advice. I plan to go to UPC for broadband and phone. I am with Voda on 3Mb package. I was with upc for analgoue tv until some 4 years ago and the cable is still in place. I have two queries where I hope someone can advise.

- what options do you have for locating the phone when the cable terminates in a small sitting room?
    - would analogue tv be available on the connection when it is again live?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Cragaun wrote: »
    Hi, looking for some advice. I plan to go to UPC for broadband and phone. I am with Voda on 3Mb package. I was with upc for analgoue tv until some 4 years ago and the cable is still in place. I have two queries where I hope someone can advise.

- what options do you have for locating the phone when the cable terminates in a small sitting room?
    - would analogue tv be available on the connection when it is again live?

The modem connects to the wall outlet if you don't want it in the same room UPC will install it in a different room cost me €40. The phone connects to the modem by regular phone lead you could put your phone anywhere just requiring you to run a cable back.

Yes analogue signal will be unaffected when you sign up for phone and broadband.

You should check your address is phone capable with UPC at www.upc.ie if all are ticked including hd you should be able to sign up for 100mb bb if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Cragaun

collier wrote: »
    The modem connects to the wall outlet if you don't want it in the same room UPC will install it in a different room cost me €40. The phone connects to the modem by regular phone lead you could put your phone anywhere just requiring you to run a cable back.

Yes analogue signal will be unaffected when you sign up for phone and broadband.

You should check your address is phone capable with UPC at www.upc.ie if all are ticked including hd you should be able to sign up for 100mb bb if you wish.

Thank you. I had checked the address and it is fully supported up to 100mb which attracted me to the UPC bundles. I called voda on Friday to ask for options but got nothing.

I had cancelled my old analgue cable some 3 or 4 years ago. I want to see if that would resume as a side benefit of the broadband connection which would support another tv upstairs in the house.

Finally, I did not have a wall box, the old cable was run straight to the back of the tv and then split to run to the wall socket, fro mthere up to the attic and down to one other room downstairs (I now that was far from ideal). I do have the junction box for the phone line right outside the door to the room where the cable terminates. I want to know if it is worth looking at putting the wall socket inside that door to feed the router and then run a phone line back out to the junction box and feed the phone connection as it works today in the house?

Advertisement