Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bank information do you need to have to give to your employer?

Options
  • 11-09-2011 10:45pm

in order to receive your wages?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Account number and sort code should be all thats needed. Address doesn't hurt to confirm sort code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 whywonder

Sort code and account number is all they really need- but they might ask for the name as it appears on the account and the bank address, just for the sake of clarity.

Anything other than that shouldn't be relevant, unless you have an overseas account, or are getting paid from overseas.

Thank you! Also i lost my card like 3 months ago so i asked for another card to be sent out, would the original sort code and bank account number be the same for the new card?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thank you! Also i lost my card like 3 months ago so i asked for another card to be sent out, would the original sort code and bank account number be the same for the new card?

Yes, more than likely, as it's a new card for the same account.

You'll find your account number and sort code on your bank statement (and possibly by logging into your online banking).

If you are getting paid from overseas, you may need to supply an IBAN and a BIC number - these are basically 'international' forms of account numbers and sort codes. They are also on your bank statement.

Card is nothing to do with the account, so a new card wont effect the account number, and the sort code relates to the branch. Its the same for everyone in that branch.

• Advertisement

emmm i cant find any bank statements bar the ones i had before i lost the card 3 months ago?? and never signed up to online banking! :S

I need it for tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

emmm i cant find any bank statements bar the ones i had before i lost the card 3 months ago?? and never signed up to online banking! :S

I need it for tomorrow!

Your account number and sort code do not change, unless you change your branch and or your account. Your bank card will in no way effect your account number unless you have closed your account and opened a new one. So your old statements will have all the details you require.

What if i closed my account when i asked for a new card to be sent out because i completely lost it at the time?

What if i closed my account when i asked for a new card to be sent out because i completely lost it at the time?

How would they be issuing you a new card, if you closed the account?

haha sorry:(

So i basically use my old statements details so?!

is the sort code on the card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

haha sorry:(

So i basically use my old statements details so?!

is the sort code on the card?

The sort code will be on the statement it's the six digit code 90-xx-xx, you can look up the sort code online once you have your branch address BOI all start with 90 AIB with 93 etc.

Okay. thank you

Advertisement