Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

competition in different Climates

• 11-09-2011 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I am new to this fourm. Was wondering has anyone got any advice on preparing to train in a climate much hotter than your own current climate? Bearing in mind I live in the UK in the north of Ireland and the weathers really cold and wet, any advice would be appreciated. I should also mention that im talking about Traditional low kick boxing / thai boxing in heat of around 30 + degrees.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Train wearing more clothes. Throw on a sauna suit under a tracksuit or wear a few underarmour thermals under your usual gear.

Not much to it really, just make things hotter. I reckon one of the big difference between here and there is breathing in warm air as opposed to the air here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

Humidity is the real killer! Hot is fine, 30+ C and 80-90% humidity, basically cuts out the sweat evaporation cooling factor!
    Climatise, two weeks before hand at least. More of possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

bring an auld bottle of water with ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hopkins88

thanks for the advice, was reading online about climitizing in order to cope with the heat, i think ur right about the humidity though it feels like ur being sapped of all energy slowly with the heat etc, going to give it a go any way with the extra layers !

Advertisement