Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

:( Java problem?

• 11-09-2011 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Just bought the game (after getting it for the bro I decided it looked absolutely amazing and wanted to get it for myself!).

So I tried to run the minecraft.exe it loads\downloads the files then just closes creating a java error dump.

I've tried to reinstall java and delete the .minecraft folder and try again but still get the same error.

It's driving me nuckin' futs!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A lot of people saying it stems from Mumble overlay? You running that at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

A lot of people saying it stems from Mumble overlay? You running that at all?

:confused:

Nope. Just tried it there again. It loads the initial green bar (and also tried a force update to get the .minecraft files that worked). But the window just goes black and closes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You've probably done it already, but have you updated graphics drivers? Are you using a sound card at all?

You've probably done it already, but have you updated graphics drivers? Are you using a sound card at all?

All drivers are updated. It works on my mates win 7 laptop (although I think that's 32bit).

Thanks a mil for your help though, I've already posted and searched on the minecraft forum too but no one seems to know why it's crashing either.

If this doesn't work I'll just have to give up and get a refund. Aw. Really wanted to play this too after watching the Yogscast series!

Wait it out til later today perhaps. There's an update coming out, might iron out a few bugs!

• Advertisement

Wait it out til later today perhaps. There's an update coming out, might iron out a few bugs!

Cool. Thanks for that. I'm trying the 1.7.3 version at the mo. Will I need to redownload the minecraft.exe or will it update itself?

It'll ask you if you wish to update once the release is rolled out :)

It'll ask you if you wish to update once the release is rolled out :)

Updated and still getting the same error. I've tried to update to java 7 32bit but still no joy. Would it matter which version of java I'm running?

Just uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver from the toshiba support page and it's running fine now! Ok, a bit laggy but I can live with that. Sweet!

Thanks for all your help. Now I can get t'mining!

Advertisement