Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Work

Options
  • 11-09-2011 10:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am feeling sorry for myself!!
    Back to work Monday week and I can barely remember work!!
    I like my job and where I work but love my girls.
    Looking forward to the "human" contact and eating lunch with out grubby hands helping but also nervous and dreading it
    The first time was hard but creche was beside work so could visit her.
    How did you all cope?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You'll have accrued holidays. Maybe work halfdays for the first week and ease yourself back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

This is my second Monday morning back at work :(
    So far it hasn't been too bad, everyone at work has been super nice to me and I'm still enjoying the novelty of uninterrupted coffee breaks, toilet breaks, lunch etc!

Our time as a family is so short now and evening times go in a blur of
    getting ready for the next day.

I'm lucky that our creche is beside where we live and I'm home with my little man by 5.30.

As I said it's all very new for me but it really isn't half as bad as I feared/expected.

Good luck with going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Best of luck to you ladies returning back to work- it ain't easy,that's for sure.
    Each of mine was aged just 11 weeks when I returned to work- I remember with my oldest- placing an ad in paper looking for childminder and crying for the whole day afterwards.

On the plus side of things- being with my friends again and talking about everything and anything except nappies & nipples.

On the funny side,I was so so slow at getting back into the swing of things on that 1st chaotic Sunday morning back,it took me the 12 hours I worked to merely get my joints oiled and wake up fully- then it was time to finish my shift.I practically floated home I was so eager to see her.......and she was asleep:)

Advertisement