Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business & Law VS Business Studies

Options
  • 11-09-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Anyone studied Business Studies DT364, Hons Degree in DIT Aungier Street? Have been offered both of these courses above and dont know which to go for.

Business & Law has only started this year so as of yet nobody may have an opinion on it?

My sister dropped out of Business Studies in Aungier Street after first year in 1996 so parents are against me doing it. I am a mature student and have ten years experience working in a financial company and cant get work basically from feedback ive gotten because i dont have the all important degree/masters!

Can get into second year of Business Studies and 1st year of Business & Law.

Im 35!!

Any insights? or advice would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hi all,

Anyone studied Business Studies DT364, Hons Degree in DIT Aungier Street? Have been offered both of these courses above and dont know which to go for.

Business & Law has only started this year so as of yet nobody may have an opinion on it?

My sister dropped out of Business Studies in Aungier Street after first year in 1996 so parents are against me doing it. I am a mature student and have ten years experience working in a financial company and cant get work basically from feedback ive gotten because i dont have the all important degree/masters!

Can get into second year of Business Studies and 1st year of Business & Law.

Im 35!!

Any insights? or advice would be appreciated!!

Obviously, I haven't got any experience of the course, but the course co-ordinator of that course is the same as the co-ordinator for my course (Business and Management), and he's a very dedicated man. I can't see him putting his name to a course that isn't top notch.

Also, from what I've read about B+L it seems to be an excellent course. I'd say that'd be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Andrethegiant

Thanks,

Who is the course co-ordinator of your course? if you cant name him can you pm me his name, just i have gotten mails from a few of them.

Also had applied for the Business & Mngt but unfortunately i was late and its full what year are you in?

Whats Aungier Street like as a college? Theres some serious put down threads to DIT on here and apprehensive. Doesnt help the parents are on to boards as well and looked up the DIT section!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Andrethegiant

lastly,

can you direct me to what you have read about it, there is only so much info on the website.

Thanks,

Who is the course co-ordinator of your course? if you cant name him can you pm me his name, just i have gotten mails from a few of them.

Also had applied for the Business & Mngt but unfortunately i was late and its full what year are you in?

Whats Aungier Street like as a college? Theres some serious put down threads to DIT on here and apprehensive. Doesnt help the parents are on to boards as well and looked up the DIT section!!
    lastly,

can you direct me to what you have read about it, there is only so much info on the website.

Yeah I'm pretty certain I can out his name here, it's listed publicly on the DIT website. His name is Eoghan O Grady.

I actually only know about the course from a notice that Eoghan put up on our webex about it, asking us to suggest it to people. I'm not going to re-post that, the log in is password protected so the posters have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Personally, I love AST. Sure, it is lacking in some areas, what college isn't, but it has a really nice feel to it, and the staff are lovely. The Library is excellent for Business students, and there is no shortage of computers/labs. Also the coffee from Java City is georgous:D

The SU could do with some better couches, but other than that it's fine!

Also, I meant to say before.

You should have a look at the coursewise entry for the Course. It will have a much better listing that the dit.ie website.

How to get into coursewise can be found in the Definitive Guide To DIT Thread at the top of the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Siobhy16

Hi Grand_Rajnah
    Im in marketing year 3 but hoping to change to the business studies.
    Not sure if im making the right choice.
    You obviously know more anout this course and wondering if you could provide me with some information? Would be greatly appreciated?
    Thanks

I'm afraid I can't help you out with the Business Studies course, I could only offer advice on DT365 Business and Management.

I would say tho, have a look through the Coursewise entry for Business Studies. There's a link to it in the Definitive Guide to DIT thread at the top of the forum. That will give you a module by module description of the course, which should give you some idea of weather or not you want to switch.

Advertisement