Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway's Fighters Assemble!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

MK is always popular with casual gamers and with online play and youtube match videos/tutorials their level of play will likely be a lot higher than it would have been in the past. You might want to consider running an MK side tourney too to gauge interest.

On the same day as the SF one? I'd certainly enjoy that personally, but we are using Xboxs, is there not some problem with patches when playing through the 360?
    Dunjohn wrote: »
    Okay, so Inferno = fire, Tempest = water/wind.... Seismo does seem the way to go. I do like the elemental theme.

Landslide
    Earthquake
    Eruption
    Rupture
    Tremor

Just headspewing.

I kinda head Tremor stuck in my head when I woke up this morning, as Earthquake seemed a little too obvious. I'm loving Eruption and Rupture though. Powerful names (pun completely intended), I might go with one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

deathrider wrote: »
    On the same day as the SF one? I'd certainly enjoy that personally, but we are using Xboxs, is there not some problem with patches when playing through the 360?

Yeah the Xboxs don't store the patches. So if you're using it offline then it won't be on the latest patch.

Orim wrote: »
    Yeah the Xboxs don't store the patches. So if you're using it offline then it won't be on the latest patch.

Which makes for unhappy fighters, I'm imagining?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

From a competitive aspect, yeah it won't be great because people will have practised set ups, combos, etc that might not work with the older version or else some stuff will just be broken; infinites etc.

You could still run casuals on the day to get some MK going. People might be okay with using older versions for the stack of offline play. Probably best if the MK players weigh in with their opinions.

Good idea. I'd love to get a few MK jams going on.

In other news, Oct 15th is looking good for the tournament. Just waiting to confirm times to make sure we can kick it early enough in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fr stack

yeah i assumed it would just be street fighter im near galway city just beside terryland id go even if mk wasnt on just to see the goings on etc but if there was mk casuals id be chuffed
    @deathrider yeah all i have is online really the connect is grand usually wit uk/ europe players so i mostly play wit dem cheers for the link also
    :)

fr stack wrote: »
    yeah i assumed it would just be street fighter im near galway city just beside terryland id go even if mk wasnt on just to see the goings on etc but if there was mk casuals id be chuffed
    @deathrider yeah all i have is online really the connect is grand usually wit uk/ europe players so i mostly play wit dem cheers for the link also
    :)

Dead on. Hopefully you can make it the tournament then. There doesn't be any MK casuals as of yet, but if things go well with the tournament, then we'll see what can be done about that. My online is sh1te for MK, I can never get a fight. Also, my Live subscription needs to be renewed at the moment.

As regards the tournament, lads, (and stupid as this may sound this deep into sorting things), I'm going to need some poeple to bring copies of SSFIV:AE. I'm going to try and pick one up myself this coming weekend, but I'll need three more. Anybody want to help me out with this?

Also, a 10er in for the tourney, would that be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

deathrider wrote: »
    However, it will be a Street Fighter tournament, not an MK one.

10079307.jpg

ps.playin mk9 unpatched is the folly of the unwise,bad bad idea

Advertisement