Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist Looking for Drummer + Bassist for Instrumental Band [Dublin]

Options
  • 12-09-2011 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi, I'm a 21 year old Dublin based guitarist. I'm looking for a drummer and a bassist to form a 3 peice instrumental band. I have a lot of ideas and alot of stuff ready to play. I'm interested in playing ambient, atmospheric, moodful, dark, technical, modern sounding compositions aswell as some heavy rock stuff there will be some vocals too. Ideally I'm looking for musician who are at a pretty high skill level and who can generate lots of fresh and interesting Ideas.

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 veee

I started out trying to be an instrumental guitarist, but have been learing to sing. 25 based in dublin also, seems you're already the guitarist in the band. If you wanna jam some time or swap ideas I'd be up for it. I'm gonna be putting some tracks up online in the next few months, really need to do that makes replying easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fatgoogle

Sounds really interested and id defiantly be up for it. Ive just moved o dublin so im looking to find players. Oh and i play bass. Any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fatgoogle

Fatgoogle wrote: »
    Sounds really interested and id defiantly be up for it. Ive just moved o dublin so im looking to find players. Oh and i play bass. Any more info?

And i cant spell. Sounds really interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 David 12-7-6

Hi Sounds great can you send me some more info like what styles your into playing, how long your playing etc ?

Regards,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 veee

Hey

I play a couple of different styles. Alot of picking rather than rythm guitar. I don't think I could give one particular style but its based in blues or/rock as well as a slower more melodic style. I play in open tunings and with a slide as well as in standard tuning. I write songs and I sing, though I have virtually no experience singing. I've been playing guitar for 6/7 years, I'd be comfortable enough on guitar to be able to pick up a song with a bit of practice. I never had any lessons so I'm not an expert on theory. What kinda stuff do you play?

My name is also Dave. (There's always another Dave!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rockintothebone

any recordings of your stuff ? i can play bass ..but not very technical at it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 trewil

hey, im a 23 yr old bassist, been playing for 7-8 years or there abouts, i never got lessons so im not the most technical minded person but im not too bad! i like the sound of what you're trying to go for, do you have any stuff up i could listen to? here some links to bands i've been in before to give you a jist of myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxMn0ymrqyI&feature=related

http://soundcloud.com/peanutbuddha-1
    (this on was intended to have singing in it)

send a PM my way if your interested.
    cheers,
    Wil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 David 12-7-6

Drummer required to complete line up for 3 peice instrumental band.
    Perferably 18-26. Good playing skills essential. Absolutly no time wasters.

PM me here for more info

Advertisement