Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost aib card and pin, so applied for a new card and pin. HELP

Options
  • 12-09-2011 1:19am

Do i still have the same account number for the new card that i had for the old card?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 whywonder

Yes, unless you closed the bank account associated with the card.

I assume you mean bank/A.T.M card and not credit card?

I dont know exactly what i did, what would i had to have done to close the account back 3months ago?

Its a maestro laser debit card

Laser cards from AIB are issued with every current account to anyone over 18- so that means if you got the card from them, you still have the account unless you did something else that's separate.

You would have had to sign something, I believe, to close the account and possibly have to make a trip into the bank to do it.

I completely forget did i sign anything. I did make a trip in and i was put on the phone to this guy to cofirm adress and stuff so my new pin would be sent out to me!

oh god im so confused, i need to know the answer by 9 am tomorrow, and the bank doesnt open till 10 am

What exactly is the problem? You're starting work and need the account number/sort code for that, correct?

ETA: If you got a new card and pin issued after you spoke to that guy, then you didn't close the account. If that's the last time you remember doing anything with the bank, then you should be safe to use the details that you have.

• Advertisement

whywonder wrote: »
    What exactly is the problem? You're starting work and need the account number/sort code for that, correct?

yes exactly:)

My advice would be to bring what you have with you and contact your bank at lunch.

The process for getting you set up on payroll is not complicated- politely explain that you need to double check your details and hand it over after you've spoken to the bank. Call your local branch and they should check for you over the phone- they'll at least be able to confirm if the number you give them (from your statements) is your bank account number, or not.

whywonder wrote: »
    My advice would be to bring what you have with you and contact your bank at lunch.

The process for getting you set up on payroll is not complicated- politely explain that you need to double check your details and hand it over after you've spoken to the bank. Call your local branch and they should check for you over the phone- they'll at least be able to confirm if the number you give them (from your statements) is your bank account number, or not.

thanks a million!! SO helpful:) have a good day:)

No bother- best of luck! :)

Advertisement