Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The island on the Liffey

Options
  • 12-09-2011 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Was on a bus on Saturday, coming from the tunnel to O'Connell street, and I saw a small island in the Liffey with an orange tent on it, just before the famine ship.

Seems some artist is living on a temporary island for a few days for the craic.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0720/1224301009742.html
    From September 10th he will live on the island full-time for 10 days

In other news;
    remnants of Hurricane Katia makes its way across the Atlantic
    I do believe he'll get the full effect of "why not to live on a small island" :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Ohhh I saw that today and wondered what it was. There didnt seem to be any sign of a tent though, just some orange material blowing in the wind! Oh dear - maybe the wind forced him back to shore!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Well he was back this morning with his orange tent up and constructing his palm trees!! There was a small boat there and things were bring off loaded onto the island. Mind you the tent is on a bit of a slope so I dont think it will be too comfortable to sleep in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I thought he slept inside the thing and the tent was just for show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Any chance of a pic if one of you is passing?

EDIT: Saw the picture in the Herald!

• Advertisement
Advertisement