Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can you use xbox live on campus internet?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

So i tried connecting my xbox to live using the wireless assuming there'd be no problem yet theres something to do with DNS that means i can connect :P is there anyway to fix this? ive heard you van use your laptop as a bridge but i dont know how.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

Is there a modem in the room or are you using the UCD wi-fi? If you are using UCD's wi-fi, this might help you as your console is used to using the wi-fi at home.
    1. Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
    4. Select Configure Network.
    5. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.
      Turn off your xbox and turn it back on again and try to connect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

I would assume they would have the xbox live port blocked to stop you hogging all the bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

tired your suggestion and its not working :P it connects to wireless but its the middle step that wont work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

heres the error i get
    w:0000-0021 x:0000-F001 y:0000-0000 z: 0000 - 0000 ID: 0004 -0000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Problem is, WaveLAN requires connecting through a proxy, which an xbox can't do. And eduroam requires authentification that I'm pretty sure the xbox doesn't support.

What should work is connecting a laptop to eduroam, and then using a network cable to connection share to the xbox.

Instructions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement