Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can one get "black lager"/"schwartzbier" in Galway ??

Options
  • 12-09-2011 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi fellow Galwegians,

A quick question in case anyone knows: Where - if at all - could one buy "black lager"/"schwartzbier" in Galway ?
    I am particular fond of the German schwartzbier 'Köstritzer' but I have not been able to locate it here in Galway ..... and Guinness seems not to want selling their Black Lager in the RoI ......

Thanks,
    Stone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The Salthouse in Raven Terrace do a good range of schwarzbieren. Kostritzer and Krombacher Dark being my favourites. Not sure if any off licences do them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

The Salthouse in Raven Terrace do a good range of schwarzbieren. Kostritzer and Krombacher Dark being my favourites. Not sure if any off licences do them though.

Yup - also one of my favourite hang-out's for beers :D
    I also like the Krombacher Dark - albeit the Köstritzer IMHO is better. Just sad that Guinness does not want to sell their Dark Lager here :(

But I would also like to enjoy such at home - so if anyone knows where to purchase these to take home .....

Cheers,
    Stone

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Got some Krombacher Dark in Joyce's Knocknacarra yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

lohans in salthill

Advertisement