Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old adverts still on property websites!?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm currently trying my very very very best to find a 3 bed in Cork city for the student year. Needless to say it's slim pickings at this time of year but I have one query/qualm I'd like to ask you all about-What is the story with people not taking down adverts after their property has been leased and then making you feel like an absolute clown when you ring asking to view the place, saying the place is gone with 4 weeks!?

I know on Daft there are profiles you can look through and stuff but is their some way you can make a complaint against people who don't remove their adverts? I may be being ridiculously petty here but when you're a student looking for accommodation and ringing about 6 people a day only to find out everywhere is gone since early August you want to tell them to take 2 minutes out of their day to take down their post so they don't waste the valuable time of 10 more people-OR THE CREDIT FOR THAT MATTER!

Anybody else have this problem!? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Well, you can report the ad as out-of-date. There's a 'report this ad' button on every Daft ad.

Another thing you can do is to sort search results by Date Entered so you can start your search with newest ads if you like. Also on the ads themselves they have a 'last renewed' date which usually is pretty telling.

If you knew all this already ignore :) And yes, it's a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AoifeCork wrote: »
    Anybody else have this problem!? :mad:
    I think someone once mentioned that it was cheaper to keep the ad up, as opposed to putting up a new ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

i just reported 10 ads from a local agent, they piss me off so much is unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

the_syco wrote: »
    I think someone once mentioned that it was cheaper to keep the ad up, as opposed to putting up a new ad.

Boo hoo! Poor landlords! :p

I reported about 7 today.. had enough of it. Sick of wasting my credit ringing people. :mad:

Advertisement