Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refunding a ticket

Options
  • 12-09-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I just want to check my position on this. I bought a ticket for an event. The event date was changed. A girl I know was going to buy the ticket but backed out. The event is next week and the promoters are saying I left it too long for a refund.

I did contract law in college and as far as I'm aware, given that they changed the date, I am entitled to request a refund.

Does anyone know where I could find some more information?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have you checked the terms & conditions on the ticket (if there are any). I think ticketmaster cover themselves for date changes, but usually offer a refund.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

How long ago did they change the date? If you left it for 3 months for example that can be taken as you accept the new date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

sell it for face value on toutless.com

If the original date has already passed and you hadn't requested a refund, then I'd say they are correct.

If the original date is still to come or was literally just last weekend, you should get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

The original date was July 30/31st

I'll check the t's and c's on the ticket, my friend has it at the moment. They changed the date I think in June. I'd have asked earlier but as I said, someone was going to take it.

Wont be able to sell it on toutless, a good few people are trying to sell theirs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

June was 2-3 months ago, which means that you have effectively accepted the change of date. Ticketmaster have no obligation to you right now.

Also, check out the tickets section on Adverts. Try to sell it in as many places as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The event is next week and the promoters are saying I left it too long for a refund.
    Did they say when the cut off was. I just checked my emails as a gig I am going to was put off. all it said was
    A new date will be confirmed shortly.

Tickets for the original date remain valid for the rescheduled date.

For Customers unable to attend a rescheduled date, refunds are available. Customers who purchased their tickets from an outlet can obtain a refund by returning their tickets to the point of purchase.

If you have purchased your tickets via phone or Internet, you must return your tickets via a secure method of post to:

Ticketmaster Head Office, Grafton House, 70 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.

If you have any further queries please contact Ticketmaster Customer Service on 0818 903 001 or if you are calling from Northern Ireland call 0844 277 9964 Monday to Saturday 9.30 to 6pm.

On behalf of the artist and the promoter, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards
    Customer Services Team

No mention of cutoff dates which I would have expected, there was a similar follow up email with no date limit either. But I still think they might have covered themselves in T&Cs.

Advertisement