Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going on a wee camping trip - need advice

Options
  • 12-09-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

hey folks,

gonna head over to arranmore this thursday and spend the day there and hopefully pitch a tent for the night. can anyone tell me where there is a good place to camp and also, any good places to go during the day for walks/activities? Also which are the best pubs, particularly for music and such.

On friday I hope to go over to the sleepy hollows campsite near bunbeg which is beside leo's tavern. i don't know that area very well either, so if anyone can point out some must see places that would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Get some really big tent pegs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

yeah looking out the window today makes me wonder whether its a wise decision. but sure if the tent blows away its no odds as long as I'm still in it and fast asleep. and dry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

there is a great walk around the back of aranmore, u drive from he village uptowards the lighthouse but take the turn left good bit b4 turn off for lighthouse, drive on , u pass a small lake on your rite hand side go right at end of lake , drive a cpl of miles , i think there may b a chair on left hand side of road , park here then walk down to coast then go left or right cliffs and scenery are amazing, no path just pick your own thru the fields

Advertisement