Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8MB... i think not!

Options
  • 12-09-2011 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

so i just recently got in eircom broadband 8MB NGB broadband..
    and so far the speeds im getting are terrible...

anything that can be done???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

DYLF wrote: »

Do a speedtest from your computer, better way of judging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

its unlikely that you will get 8mb and Eircom only advertise for up to 8mb anyway so there is nothing to say you have to get 8mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi DYLF,

Can you private message me with your telephone number and I will look into the speeds you have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

Meesared wrote: »
    Do a speedtest from your computer, better way of judging

have done.. both wireless and with an ethernet cable.. same speeds.. just happened to heve that on my phone so i attached it...

Hi DYLF,

Can you private message me with your telephone number and I will look into the speeds you have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

PM sent

have done.. both wireless and with an ethernet cable.. same speeds.. just happened to heve that on my phone so i attached it...

PM sent

Hi DYLF,

I sent you a PM.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ScruffyDub

My Eircom Broadband is woeful, 8gb? I have never got more than 1.8 meg downand .1 up.
    Nobody in Eircom can help, they even throttled me bqck to make it more stable, worked ok but slow till yesterday and now my poker clients, pkr and 888 dont run.
    sick of it :mad:

ScruffyDub wrote: »
    My Eircom Broadband is woeful, 8gb? I have never got more than 1.8 meg downand .1 up.
    Nobody in Eircom can help, they even throttled me bqck to make it more stable, worked ok but slow till yesterday and now my poker clients, pkr and 888 dont run.
    sick of it :mad:

Hi ScruffyDub,

If you private message me with your telephone number I can look into the speeds you have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

Have Done,
    Thanks Mark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Obviously Mark from Eircom is showing an interest but why no response from original posters about what happened next. Did the service improve??

Have Done,
    Thanks Mark :)

Hi ScruffyDub,

I got your PM thanks and I will be back to you with an update soon.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    Obviously Mark from Eircom is showing an interest but why no response from original posters about what happened next. Did the service improve??

still no improvement is speeds... agreed to give it a week or so because its only a new connection. but mark knows if there is no improvement by tue/wed i will be straight back on to him.

(because with a dongle at home i can get 1.32Mbps - currently getting 0.83 with eircom MB)

still no improvement is speeds... agreed to give it a week or so because its only a new connection. but mark knows if there is no improvement by tue/wed i will be straight back on to him.

(because with a dongle at home i can get 1.32Mbps - currently getting 0.83 with eircom MB)

Hi DYLF,

I am looking into this now and I will be back to you this afternoon.

Thanks, Mark

Hi DYLF,

The Donore exchange in county Meath is not NGB enabled as yet but that exchange should be enabled in mid to late November this year.

So the 1MB home starter / bundle package was the equivilant to the NGB package you requested ( taht is the broadband service you were put on). So when the exchange is NGB enabled you will be changed to the NGB basic.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
    Any news for me mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Help2

We have the same problem in our house... a few months ago we got this letter from eircom saying that our house was being upgraded to "8mb next generation uncongested broadband"... and we got so excited!

Truth is we never have and still don't get higher than about 1.8mb download and .4mb upload (MAX!!) the houses a few miles down the road in either direction can get much higher speeds so its annoying.

With the portable hotspot feature on my phone i can get 8mb download and 1.8mb upload!!! Im thinking we should cancel eircom alotogether and just use the 3G as it is obviously faster where i am anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

We have the same problem in our house... a few months ago we got this letter from eircom saying that our house was being upgraded to "8mb next generation uncongested broadband"... and we got so excited!

Truth is we never have and still don't get higher than about 1.8mb download and .4mb upload (MAX!!) the houses a few miles down the road in either direction can get much higher speeds so its annoying.

With the portable hotspot feature on my phone i can get 8mb download and 1.8mb upload!!! Im thinking we should cancel eircom alotogether and just use the 3G as it is obviously faster where i am anyway!!

Hi doylerandrew,

Thanks for posting on the eircom /Boards forum and apologies for the delay.

If you PM your phone number or eircom account number, I will investigate your broadband connection and speed issue.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Hi Mark,
    Any news for me mate?

Hi ScruffyDub.

Sorry about the wait I PM you there. Let me know if you have any follow up queries.

Thanks, Mark

Hi DYLF,

The Donore exchange in county Meath is not NGB enabled as yet but that exchange should be enabled in mid to late November this year.

So the 1MB home starter / bundle package was the equivilant to the NGB package you requested ( taht is the broadband service you were put on). So when the exchange is NGB enabled you will be changed to the NGB basic.

Thanks, Mark

first of all why was i sold 8MB NGB if its not even available to me??
    secondly i sincerly hope my bill reflects this and i am not paying for 8MB if i was put on a 1Mb package.
    also why is it that i need to contact you via boards to find out this information. should i not have been advised of this straight away?
    and NGB basic is not what i ordered. i ordered NGB regular?
    and why is it that there are houses just down the road from me that have 3MB? yes its not available to me?
    any compensation for this from eircom?? i doubt it.

thanks for the info though mark you've been a great help.

first of all why was i sold 8MB NGB if its not even available to me??
    secondly i sincerly hope my bill reflects this and i am not paying for 8MB if i was put on a 1Mb package.
    also why is it that i need to contact you via boards to find out this information. should i not have been advised of this straight away?
    and NGB basic is not what i ordered. i ordered NGB regular?
    and why is it that there are houses just down the road from me that have 3MB? yes its not available to me?
    any compensation for this from eircom?? i doubt it.

thanks for the info though mark you've been a great help.

Hi DYLF,

I will look into the order form and get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

anything?

• Advertisement

anything?

Hi DYLF,

I am trying to get a definitive date as to when your exchange will be NGB enabled to try and give you a few options.

I hope to have something soon.

Thanks, Mark

so my wifes just been on to Eircom customer service and was told that there is no date set for the denore exchange to be upgraded...

now wheres that cancel button?

so my wifes just been on to Eircom customer service and was told that there is no date set for the denore exchange to be upgraded...

Hi DYLF,

Apologies for delay in getting back to you. I spoke to the NGB roll-out team and the donore is a cabinet off the Drogheda exchange in Meath.

Unfortunately although the NGB site shows the Donore area as highlighted for latter this year. That Donroe cabinet is not due to be upgraded to NGB.

I apologise for the mix up.

I will get back to you in regards to cancelling your account.

Thanks, Mark

Hi DYLF,

Can I asked which section in eircom was the first to state you were able to get NGB? Ie: 1901, door to door agents?

Thanks, Mark

Hi DYLF,

Can I asked which section in eircom was the first to state you were able to get NGB? Ie: 1901, door to door agents?

Thanks, Mark

have no idea, i was my wife who initally ordered it.
    Hi DYLF,

Apologies for delay in getting back to you. I spoke to the NGB roll-out team and the donore is a cabinet off the Drogheda exchange in Meath.

Unfortunately although the NGB site shows the Donore area as highlighted for latter this year. That Donroe cabinet is not due to be upgraded to NGB.

I apologise for the mix up.

I will get back to you in regards to cancelling your account.

Thanks, Mark

please do... if i wanted really slow speeds i would have kept my dongle... which was not only cheaper but also had better speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Pm Sent to Eircom Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

The donore exchange is terrible the speeds are so slow and unreliable.
    Differant story here in Duleek broadband is excellent.

Even tough Donore shows in the area to be upgraded to NGB on the nGB map it isn't the Duleek exchange is being upgraded in the next month or so tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jay93 wrote: »
    The donore exchange is terrible the speeds are so slow and unreliable.
    Differant story here in Duleek broadband is excellent.

Even tough Donore shows in the area to be upgraded to NGB on the nGB map it isn't the Duleek exchange is being upgraded in the next month or so tough.

Hi Jay93
    do you have a specific tel. number from Donore area?? I can check and confirm NGB migration or even test to see if speed issue could be improved?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hello i have sent a pm to eircom mark, unsure if i sent the right information tbh, what is it i have to send to find out the speed i am supposed to be gettin i am now gettin 2mb. any help is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

recyclops wrote: »
    Hello i have sent a pm to eircom mark, unsure if i sent the right information tbh, what is it i have to send to find out the speed i am supposed to be gettin i am now gettin 2mb. any help is appreciated.

Hi recyclops
    yes Mark has received your PM and wil lbe in contact later today.
    Tony

Advertisement