Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8MB... i think not!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

recyclops wrote: »
    Hello i have sent a pm to eircom mark, unsure if i sent the right information tbh, what is it i have to send to find out the speed i am supposed to be gettin i am now gettin 2mb. any help is appreciated.

Hi recyclops,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

DYLF wrote: »
    have no idea, i was my wife who initally ordered it.

please do... if i wanted really slow speeds i would have kept my dongle... which was not only cheaper but also had better speeds.

Hi DYLF,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, just to confirm the account ha been ceased and any charges cancelled.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shaneb1983

hi im living in avourwen on the duleek road and last week someone from eircom called to me and told me next generation will be availible after christmas here, is this true??

thanks shane

shaneb1983 wrote: »
    hi im living in avourwen on the duleek road and last week someone from eircom called to me and told me next generation will be availible after christmas here, is this true??

thanks shane

Hi Shane,

If you have a telephone number with eircom currently PM it to me and I will check that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Hey,

Just wanted to say something seeing as these forums always seem the be a bit one sided,i have eircom ngb broadband and it does exactly as it says on the tin.
    Great service and i have never had a problem with the cust service,was going to cancel a while back to save some money as i got cut back some hours but the guys in cancellations put me on a cheaper package,can just about afford it but still have the same service so there is so good people trying to help in eircom,lets not forget about them,credit were credit is due and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

I am a eircom customer or was until could not afford the 70€ a month just for broadband, i`ve been a customer since 2004 and couple weeks ago when received my last bill of 141€ i decided i had enough cant continue to pay all this money. Rang eircom explained the case and was told they cant do anything for me. To bad in all this years never had a problem never needed to contact customer service, very happy in using eircom, currently my speed is of 15mb. its a pity but how can eircom stay competitive when they are so expensive compared to other providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

ldr wrote: »
    I am a eircom customer or was until could not afford the 70€ a month just for broadband, i`ve been a customer since 2004 and couple weeks ago when received my last bill of 141€ i decided i had enough cant continue to pay all this money. Rang eircom explained the case and was told they cant do anything for me. To bad in all this years never had a problem never needed to contact customer service, very happy in using eircom, currently my speed is of 15mb. its a pity but how can eircom stay competitive when they are so expensive compared to other providers.

Hi ldr,

Thanks for post. I appreciate what you have said and I apologise if you felt you were not treated fairly.

Obviously, it may not be in my power to change pricing structures. I can look at your bill and your current package (phone /broadband bundle) to see if this can be improved /or perhaps see if there is a more beneficial or suitable package for you.

If you want, please PM your phone or eircom Account number so I can check this.

Season's Greetings,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Hi ldr,

Thanks for post. I appreciate what you have said and I apologise if you felt you were not treated fairly.

Obviously, it may not be in my power to change pricing structures. I can look at your bill and your current package (phone /broadband bundle) to see if this can be improved /or perhaps see if there is a more beneficial or suitable package for you.

If you want, please PM your phone or eircom Account number so I can check this.

Season's Greetings,
    Ant

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Hi DYLF,

The Donore exchange in county Meath is not NGB enabled as yet but that exchange should be enabled in mid to late November this year.

So the 1MB home starter / bundle package was the equivilant to the NGB package you requested ( taht is the broadband service you were put on). So when the exchange is NGB enabled you will be changed to the NGB basic.

Thanks, Mark
    Have to clarify, there's no exchange in Donore, Co. Meath itself. The village is served by Duleek as eircom were too lazy to install a phone exchange in the village itself back in the day. There IS a Donore Road exchange in Drogheda which covers right up to the outskirts of Donore (though I've seen eircom's website listing it erroneously in Co. Meath.

The Donore Road exchange is still not NGB-enabled despite serving much of the south of Drogheda (thousands of lines)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Eircom service is 8Mb megabit not 8MB megabyte ,so you're not getting 8 megabyte you're getting 8 megabit , which is 1MB megabyte, And you won't even get 1MB You will get around 0.78 of a MB

Mb=megabit < no capital b
    MB=Megabyte <capital B ,
    But when selling you broadband the eircom staff always say words 8 MEGABYTE <<<So thats just confusing

Its 1MB broadband at most, though most will get 0.70-0.85 of a MB

Easy to explain,

• Advertisement
Advertisement