Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie policy on changing usernames

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

just clear your temp internet files and most importantly your cookies, Then get a new IP! and just start a new account.

simplez with google.
    The new IP bit? How do you go about that, bar moving House/ ISP Provider or Proxy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

The new IP bit? How do you go about that, bar moving House/ ISP Provider or Proxy?

Depending on your provider you can just edit a few digits in your "mac address" via your router and reboot it. If your mac is 2b.m5.t1.23.ab just change the last two section to 24.ac

And then the likes of UPC etc give you a new IP address.

hth but remember to delete all your browsing history including cookies etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

If your mac is 2b.m5.t1.23.ab then you'll never make it to the internet at all anyway :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Surely the vast majority of interenet users are on dynamic IPs so you'd only have to wait 24 hours to get a new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

just clear your temp internet files and most importantly your cookies, Then get a new IP! and just start a new account.

simplez with google.

Afaik you can make a new account on the same IP as long as its not to bypass a ban.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

If you subscribe are you allowed only the one name change or can you change it again after a certain time period?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sharrow wrote: »
    There is no off the rack for sites when they reach this side.
    Other large sites like Gaia Online have written their own custom system which is what is being done bit by bit for boards, but even there you get 1 free change and after that there is a charge.
    Gaia is run on phpBB according to bigboards.

http://rankings.big-boards.com/?p=all
    Corsendonk wrote: »
    If you subscribe are you allowed only the one name change or can you change it again after a certain time period?
    No, you can have as many as you like as long as it's reasonable (i.e. you're not requesting them to the point of pissing off the admins :))

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Steve wrote: »
    Gaia is run on phpBB according to bigboards.

http://rankings.big-boards.com/?p=all

No, you can have as many as you like as long as it's reasonable (i.e. you're not requesting them to the point of pissing off the admins :))

Gaia has massively changed the phpbb software afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

ive just subscribed to change my name where do i do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You'll be looking for the Subscribers forum, then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

I don't blame you.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

If your a mod or admin do you get the service for free along with the coke and hookers?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If your a mod or admin do you get the service for free along with the coke and hookers?

We do now. :) It's only been available as a free perk for mods since the start of this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Define free. My name change cost no money but what they made me do ... let's just say I hope my kids never see the video!

Advertisement