Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Name Change

Options
  • 12-09-2011 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any ideas at all? I need to change the name on a flight and Ryanair are looking for 110 euro for doing it (that's twice the cost of the flight). Booking a new flight is not an option either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

I don't think there is anything you can do there mate. Its in their T&C's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I noticed this on the Terms and Conditions:

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-flightandnamechanges

The last paragraph is not exactly clear. i.e. "*Passengers who have checked in online but now wish to change a flight date, route or passenger name must contact a reservation centre up to the day prior to flight departure(subject to opening hours) to have the required flight(s) unchecked,subject to the payment of an uncheck fee of €15/£15 per flight/per person. Once the flight(s) have been unchecked the reservation can be changed via Manage My Booking .Name changes are not possible if any flight sector in the booking has been flown. This service is not available at the airport."

I assume this means that they charge you 15 euro in order to put you in a position to be able to pay the 110 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

:(
    Ian Whelan wrote: »
    I noticed this on the Terms and Conditions:

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-flightandnamechanges

The last paragraph is not exactly clear. i.e. "*Passengers who have checked in online but now wish to change a flight date, route or passenger name must contact a reservation centre up to the day prior to flight departure(subject to opening hours) to have the required flight(s) unchecked,subject to the payment of an uncheck fee of €15/£15 per flight/per person. Once the flight(s) have been unchecked the reservation can be changed via Manage My Booking .Name changes are not possible if any flight sector in the booking has been flown. This service is not available at the airport."

I assume this means that they charge you 15 euro in order to put you in a position to be able to pay the 110 euro.

:( I think yup thats what that means You could try ringing the reservation center and ss if the 15 euro does cover a name chnage but i think not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Hi,

Any ideas at all? I need to change the name on a flight and Ryanair are looking for 110 euro for doing it (that's twice the cost of the flight). Booking a new flight is not an option either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

probably better posted in the Travel section

If its a correction to a name you can ring , and usually they are very nice on the phone and sort it for you over the phone, once its clearly a correction

e.g. I put ham_messiah instead of hmm_messiah

A name change is 100.ooe and may have gone up (it was to prevent people buying the ultra cheap flights e.g. my 1 cent trips to Paris) and then selling on )

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

Maybe try the Ryanair FanForum.

http://ryanair.site-forums.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

Hi,

Thanks.

Is the name completely different? I used my sister's ryanair booking last year (same surname, significantly different first name). Don't know if I was just lucky or they don't bother to check names match (passport and boarding card) as takes up valuable seconds to verify names ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Yes, it's a Michael Smith changing to a Paul Dunne type change (not actual names). There's no way around this, they want 110 euro to change the name, it's very steep and it's hard to see the rationale for it. Anyway, I/we may have to bit the bullet on this one.

Advertisement