Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal Roscommon/Athlone

Options
  • 12-09-2011 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get good value in coal used to get mine in homevalue before it closed everyone else seems to be €2 more expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ali09

Hi there,
    I buy 10 bags of polish coal from the coal bunker for €150 euro, he gives me 11 bags ie 1 bag free with 10, dont think you could get much better than that.... hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

if you keep an eye out in Ganlys do a sale now and again on Coal, think it was 17€ a bag but it was very good better than the stuff the coalman delivered(and was more expensive)

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Connaught Gold (store in Athleague) Coal €12.50 per 40kg buy 10 get 1 free with a collector card thingy. They are something like €15 for 40 kg premium coal but I find the cheap stuff just fine mixed with turf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Cheers lads, will check those out, was half thinking of taking a trailer to the briquette factory for the broken ones but the ashes are a killer. Someone posted an ad yesterday for polish coal 320 euro a ton going to see if the neighbour will go halves. as I don't have the room.

Cheers mikewest you posted as I was typing, that sounds great its only 5 miles from here and I need to get some steel there anyway, the cheap stuff seems to burn grand in my stove anyway.

Advertisement