Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby's first holiday!

• 12-09-2011 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi,

My wife and I are taking our 10 week old boy to Spain next week. For those of you that have traveled with young babies, do you have any tips or pointers? Any things I should definitely bring, or definitely leave at home?

Thanks,

Soddy

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hi there :)

We took our little man to Lanzarote when he was 6 months. We had a brilliant time, we had contemplated leaving him at home as he was so young but we were delighted we brought him.

Things we found to be handy were.

A box of Milton tablets (just use a gallon water bottle cut in half or a large pot for sterilizing)
    A childs little blow up dingy boat for bathing him in (we had no bath tub, just a shower unit) it was perfect size and tbh even if we had a bath tub, the dingy was way handier. Bought it on the beach :)
    A parasol
    A little cooler bag for his bottles and food (got a perfect one in Tesco, just the right size, for a fiver)
    An all-in-one swimming suit with sleaves (We got a great one, again, in Tesco, and it had a hat that buttoned onto the collar of it so he was completely covered)
    LOADS of factor 50
    Plenty of insect repellant spray.. Boots do a great one specially for kids.
    Hats with the flaps to cover their neck and shoulders
    Your baby monitor

Can't think of anything else off hand.

Enjoy your Holiday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Don't forget his passport. A sling is a lifesaver in the airport.

Everything else can be got over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We were recently in Portugal and at the resort we stayed in they hired out baby kits. Our little lady is a bit big for anything that was in them but one of the things in the kit was a little pop up tent thing which was UV safe and provided a little cool environment for baba. I don't know of anywhere you could buy one but I'd say it'd be very handy for when you're lying by the pool or on the beach and the little one is snoozing. Might be worth trying to get hold of one before you go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

Thanks everybody for the helpful responses. I especially like the dingy for giving him a bath. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

xzanti wrote: »
    Hi there :)

We took our little man to Lanzarote when he was 6 months. We had a brilliant time, we had contemplated leaving him at home as he was so young but we were delighted we brought him.

Things we found to be handy were.

A box of Milton tablets (just use a gallon water bottle cut in half or a large pot for sterilizing)
    A childs little blow up dingy boat for bathing him in (we had no bath tub, just a shower unit) it was perfect size and tbh even if we had a bath tub, the dingy was way handier. Bought it on the beach :)
    A parasol
    A little cooler bag for his bottles and food (got a perfect one in Tesco, just the right size, for a fiver)
    An all-in-one swimming suit with sleaves (We got a great one, again, in Tesco, and it had a hat that buttoned onto the collar of it so he was completely covered)
    LOADS of factor 50
    Plenty of insect repellant spray.. Boots do a great one specially for kids.
    Hats with the flaps to cover their neck and shoulders
    Your baby monitor

Can't think of anything else off hand.

Enjoy your Holiday :)

I was about to compose a reply, but this is perfect. The all in one swimsuits are PERFECT for hols. Used em for the twins at 7 months and again at 19 months, they barely wore anything else all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

didn't think you could put sunscreen on the under 6 months?

Advertisement