Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultratech vs Palladio for front door?

• 12-09-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We're looking to change our front door and I've had quotes from 2 sources for composite doors, one for an Ultratech door by mun***r joi***y and one for a palladio door by prof*** dev*****ents (which is about €1000 more!). Anyone any recommendations on either? Or is it all just advertising and would we be better off sticking to a PVC door?
    I'm clueless on this subject so any tips most welcome!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Lindylu71 wrote: »
    We're looking to change our front door and I've had quotes from 2 sources for composite doors, one for an Ultratech door by mun***r joi***y and one for a palladio door by prof*** dev*****ents (which is about €1000 more!). Anyone any recommendations on either? Or is it all just advertising and would we be better off sticking to a PVC door?

I had Profile Developments supply my front door for my house.

Its a compostie door and has a U-Value of 0.283

Its a great door and certainly does keep the heat in and the sound out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭para45

Lindylu71 wrote: »

What door did you go for???????? I am in the process of getting the first mentioned door and wonder if you made your choice yet. Well no i tell a lie i paid half of the moneys and just have to finalize now .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lindylu71

We went with the ultratech one from profile developments. I had got samples of both doors and the the ultratech was by far heavier and sturdier. So far we've no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭para45

is profile dev a company of munster . i am wondering if iam looking at the same door . Its a solid door made of wood and some thin sheets of cork am0ng the solid wood with 2 sheets of steel on either side and then some more wood sheeting over that compacted again . They say the reason is so no warping etc for the cork and steel to strentheng?
    How long have you had the door for .

When i saw the sample it look like some hard chunk of wood thats very tuff

Advertisement