Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win two Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sbrennan970

when using a laptop set it to the balanced or 'power saver' power setting to conserve energy (also means your battery will last longer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Dont fill up your kettle . . Only put in the amount of water you need each time . .

Oh and check your windows for drafts. You should consider pasting around the ledges if wind gets in, got that tip from a neighbour and its made a huge differance ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

all the people signing up to boards just to comment on this, just turn off your laptop instead. Will save a lot of power...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GERANN

Hi, I heard you are the most competitable at the moment regarding prices so I want to change from my existing supplier to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 2 Pins

If like me and your laptop is 7 years old you dont need heating in the house, it gets extremely warm after being turned on for 10mins... The noise of the fan running at ridiculous speeds can get annoying though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Use energy saving lightbulbs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Turn the roomstat down 5 degrees, you'll save a bomb, and you can see your breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Don't forget to turn off the immersion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 galchic

Loaded the app its the biz. Have all my appliances on it now but still fall short of the bill so I have to find what else is running up the meter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I want to win the phone!....and switch things off at the wall if possible. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I'm shocked that a phone like this is being given away. However, it would light me up to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tomchom

A hamster on a wheel generates my electricity. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I am the "hamster" on his wheel! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Use a hot water bottle instead of an electric blanket this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Payton

Its all about a change of attitude......and the change stays in your pocket. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I just want a new phone.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

Cold tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

can I haz a free phone plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 distinction99

Put another jumper on

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭andy2die4

I was'nt joking. Energy Efficiency for the home or car is cutting down your Carbon Footprint, remember A carbon footprint is "the total set of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions caused by an organization, event, product or person." and if people have a little laugh doing it, all the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

I've drawn a blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

I just really want one of those phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Libraries and hospitals are great places for free electricity.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hakikima

turn off the water heater when you go on holiday or even if it's only for the weekend.:)

or when you're done playing with your Wii, Xbox, Playstation unplug it. It's maybe not much, but little by little, there's bigger saving to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Skammer

Don't buy a Plasma TV. Get LCD or LED.. Far more economical!
    Replace Halogen spotlights with LED bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Drip dry shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

turn off the lights

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Listen to the radio in the shop. :pac:

On a serious note, if you've a smartphone, turn off GPS, Wifi and bluetooth if you're not using them, they majorly drain the battery. Turn the brightness down to about half as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

They say a watched pot never boils, but a covered one boils extra quickly, saving cooking time--and energy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Have a condenser dryer? Use the water it collects to water the house-plants/garden. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement