Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win two Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

unplug everything at night

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

A good deed will make you feel warm inside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

competition entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

some really bright ideas here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Don't leave TVs etc on standby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Be thrifty! Do two things at once, ask your Vietnamese neighbours can you sunbathe under their grow lamps.. Think bright, think light!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Harness the hot air from the Dail to run turbines!
    Harvest the wind power from kebabs at the weekend after the pub!
    Use the tidal power from the urinals after late bars!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Don't leave anything on standby mode, switch everything off at the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Install a master switch for every socket in the house that turns off everything at once whoooooopahhh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Do your washing at a lower temperature to save energy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Shower in cold water :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

I use remote control plug adapters that allow me to turn individual or all items in a room off at the plug without the hassle of having to reach behind furniture etc. When an appliance is not in use, it goes off, and when leaving the room I use the "all off" button to make sure everything is off. Has had a quite noticeable effect on my bill ever since I started.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evster

Turn off things you're NOT using except your brain

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Moscow08

Tea is for mugs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Insulation. Even just putting fiberglass down in your attic can help. Insulating the walls also helps keep the heat in, allowing lower heating bills.

Although costly in the short term, in the long term you'll see savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cunninsu

Get yourselves a draft excluder for your chimney, a balloon yoke that fits up the chimney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 darshi6

there seems to be free Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 phone everywhere these days
    nothing to do with the fact that they don't support the latest andriod Gingerbread software, and have a unresolved motherboard issue. SE must have a warehouse of X8s they want to get rid of still a free phone is a free phone

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

must make a bovril powered car

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Instead of driving to work today why not fly using an umbrella or kite

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Don't plug in your laptop every time you use it, especially when the battery is full. The charge on the battery degrades and won't last as long in the future.

Means you have less juice when you're trying to use the energy calculator on your laptop when your power gets cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Best way to save energy in my house is to get the kids to turn off lights and turn off tv's etc... from the wall and not leave on standby.

This has seen my bills nosedive by at least 65% in the last year... ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

When making tea or coffee,boil only the amount of water required.You don't want reheating the same full kettle of water throughout the day though make sure the water is filled up above the element :).

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Get a woolier jumper!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

Hang out your clothes instead of using the dryer. Also, Roll up the sleeves and get your hands into some of that Fairy soft and avoid the easy option of using the dishwasher.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Maybe I should unplug my charger when its not in use :o . Sometimes laziness gets the better of ya!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

According to a new report, the global warming outlook is much worse than originally predicted. Which is pretty bad when they originally predicted it would destroy the planet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Close the feckin fridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

cover large pieces of cardboard in tinfoil and secure with selotape then afix behind your radiators, this will mean less heat being absorbed into the walls of your house and more heat circulating throughout your house.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

If you keep boa constrictors, dry boa droppings make great fuel for the fire (granted they only produce them about once a fortnight but every little helps, right?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭AMCCORK

I would like to enter please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement