Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win two Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

opt in

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

LET ME EXPERIENCE THIS XPERIA!

/caps

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Ryuzaki

YAYZ FOR THE XPERIA! /caps

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two atoms are walking down the street one day, and one of them says to the other:
    "Hey, wait up a second. I think I lost an electron"
    The first atom replied, "Are you sure?"
    The second atom exclaimed, "Yes, I'm positive!"

Hooray for Nerdy jokes!

[/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

We run the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas and we save two hundred pounds a year

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

dont fill up the kettle for one cup of tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

heard that all the standby lights on all electronics in your typical house can accumulate to 20% of power consumption! turn the feckin things off when your done with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

use less

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

If you have 3 cups of tea a day using a kettle this exerts a cost of roughly 12 euro a year, (around 90 units of electricity)
    Depending on the kW.

But I use the kettle for alot more than tea, boiling water for pasta,potatoes,soup, washing up sometimes. etc.

Makes the point that to only fill the kettle with the amount of water you need.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭susiebubbles

Did I leave the immersionon?!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 minnieq

Stand back, look outside the box, and see if you can find way in your home to save energy. You can make a ton by saving electricty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

ive spent 10 mins trying to come up with a witty energy related joke... ive got nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Clatter yourself in Deep Heat, that'll keep you warm during the winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

get a standy by saver so when you switch of the tv with the remote. it turns off the power to all devices

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Eat more carrots and you'll never have to put the light on again to see. You'll also end up with beautiful orange skin

OompaLoompa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I saved a whole heap of energy tonight - by skipping from Page 1 of this thread to Page 14!

My top tip is to put in remote control sockets for all those hard-to-reach plugs (behind the TV, etc). Put everything in your room on those, easy to switch them off before you go to bed so no excuse for leaving them on. Got mine in Aldi for €25 for 4. I've saved their cost many times over I'd say, plus reduced the hazard from fire caused by leaving things powered up.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Suitusir

When using the dishwasher always make sure it is full!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

Spend less time looking in the fridge, plan ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Those paper log making devices on the ESB online shopping site are a great idea.

Where is Wall-e?!

wall-e-20110818-215617.jpg

Hint:Bottom Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

leave everything plugged in on standby and save your own energy. we'll all be dead before theres any serious consequences, it'll be grand.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 elaineray1

Use the clothesline when possible,Tumble dryers use alot of energy. Should be no problem, sure hang them out with the high winds were due. Hopefully there still there in the morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

energy savbing tip...never start an argument with a woman lol

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

only heat the rooms you use

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

turn lights off in empty rooms even if just leaving for a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Unplug phone and laptop chargers when not using them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

At christmas time. Use candles. Feck the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

When I heated my home with oil, I used an average of 800 gallons a year. I have found that I can keep comfortably warm for an entire winter with slightly over half that quantity of beer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Turn down the brightness on your laptop screen - even just a little (also useful to preserve battery life if unplugged..... also useful for less wear and tear on your eyes - less eye strain)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭DoraExplora

clotheshorse v tumble dryer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭the-jojo-axiom

Please Sir, can I've a phone? :)

Eh, tip eh? Use energy saving bulbs, 'cos it not only saves energy and money, but you don't have to get up precariously on a chair and change the lightbulb as much :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement