Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation

Options
  • 12-09-2011 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am currently building my own home and I have got to the stage where I have got to start making some serious decisions (the house is pretty much complete on the outside roof on windows in and plastering done but I have nothing done to the inside). My immediate concern is insulation, the external walls have a 100mm cavity which I always intended on pumping with insulation but I am now seriously considering fixing an insulated slab (25mm insulation 12.5mm slab) on the inside leaf of all my external walls. Needless to say money is tight but I just wanted to know do people think the cost of purchasing and installing these slabs is worth it in the long run or with the proposed thickness of slab I am only willing to go would the benefits not be much different from going with just the 100mm insulation.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement