Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to the fourm /rc heli owner

Options
  • 12-09-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi every one,

as above just a quick intro , built a few electric ones over the last few years ,but my flying skills are , minimal ,kind of hit a wall with my flying ,so looking for some one maybe to buddy to ,for the next step .

j

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I'm a plane driver myself as my own heli is very frustrating to fly. Robbie on this forum is a heli owner and he might be willing to buddy you. If it gets too frustrating to fly, try a plane as they're far easier;)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

What stage are you at and how exactly would you like to progress your flying... what are you finding difficulty with?
    Also what kind of heli are you flying(make/model), its quite possible your flying skills have surpassed the model itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea as sly77 said, what are you flying is the main question?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ec5

I'm a plane driver myself as my own heli is very frustrating to fly. Robbie on this forum is a heli owner and he might be willing to buddy you. If it gets too frustrating to fly, try a plane as they're far easier;)

hi yes i used to fly a plane years ago had a wot 4 & a trainer before that, cant recall the model ,but i moved the trainer on for a delta type model all good fun , then sold everything & got into helis , even thought its a lot harder ,still fly the planes on the sim ,may get one sometime in the future :)

j

syl77 wrote: »
    What stage are you at and how exactly would you like to progress your flying... what are you finding difficulty with?
    Also what kind of heli are you flying(make/model), its quite possible your flying skills have surpassed the model itself.

well i can do nose in not to bad, tail in, left or right side on , hover , fly left to right ,tbh i find turning left harder for some reason, not that great really, don't have the gonads for a loop or anything . no auto's:) no my flying skills are no were good enough to out grow me helis .

j

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Yea as sly77 said, what are you flying is the main question?

well i fly 6s trex 500 esp vbar most of the time ,i use dx7 .

j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

ec5 wrote: »
    well i fly 6s trex 500 esp vbar most of the time ,i use dx7 .

j

Whats the problem your having with flying?

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Whats the problem your having with flying?

moving on to more confident flying ,what i put in my other post is really basic heli maneuvers, which i am self trained up to this point , most likely their could be some points i need sorted & from their progress on to other maneuvers , loops ,piro ect ect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

sounds like im just a bit ahead of you. You are doing nose in which I found more difficult than flips or piros.
    If you are flying nose in, sure you are doing a half a piro to get to that position anyway, just keep going!
    But I found that the best thing to do is practise the manuover on the simulator till you have it right on it and then go do it for real. Theres plenty of stuff on youtube to demonstrate how manouvers are done, so have a look at that and go from there.
    When you get out to the field to do the manouver, fly a pack to get into it, then on your second pack get plenty of height and do the manouver. You will **** yourself, have shaky fingers and at the same time say woo hoo a lot.

But every manouver you do, built it up. Say flying circuits... fly up the field, bring the heli back. Next when you are confident enough, fly pastfrom left to right, then right to left till you are comfortable with that. Then from left to right, turn the heli, and fly from right to left, turn again.. ... you get the idea im sure. Same for piros or flips etc
    Just do everything with plenty of height, then if you get into trouble you have a chance to gain control.

Im also flyin a trex 500, flybarless and now a 700 flybarless

yes the trex is a nice size , i like it much better than the 450 , but i like my logo,600 best , & you cant beat flybarless for sure . getting back to flying i have been doing more or less what you said , i can do all sorts on the sim ,but that's one thing ,it a bit different in real ,however ill just have to give it a shot sometime:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

would recommend keep flying does orentations (tail/nose in and side on) until they become second nature to you. they will help you out later if you have to bail out of a manoeuvre.
    Secondly, start doing some circuits/figure of eights on the sim until you are happy and then start doing them with Trex. fly the heli at a nice height so you can see it clearly but have enough time to recover if needs be. Circuits and figure of eights shouldn't be too taxing as the heli is always up right. use you rudder more to turn, and dont worry if your weaker on left hand turns, most people find this also, Practice will help here. Only fly in wind that you are confortable with as a flight trying to battle the wind may just waste fuel not improve actuall flying skills.
    Then when you confortable with circuits and figure 8's you ready for a loop or roll and like Doktor says, I find these easier to do than flying nose in, there just a bit daunting at the start but you get a great buzz when you do your first. Just practice on the sim first and make sure you got + and - pitch on idle ups. After that you into flips and the world of inverted...
    My best piece of advice is find a club that as heli flyers as they will help big time while at the field. where are you based..

Advertisement