Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want pleco wafers?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately my remaining pleco has bitten the big one. I have no idea why; parameters were perfect, temp was perfect, there was algae on the wood and I was supplementing with pleco wafers so it wasn't starvation. There's no sign of illness on the betta.

I don't think I'll be getting another one, so I don't think the food will be much use to me unless there's something else that's betta safe, eats pleco wafers, and will do alright in a tank 13” high x 13” dia (approx 9 UK gall).

Anyway, if you want a full tub of Pleco wafers, PM me your address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That's a pity. Was the betta involved?

If you're sure you're not going to use them I'd appreciate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sleepy wrote: »
    That's a pity. Was the betta involved?

If you're sure you're not going to use them I'd appreciate them.
    I don't think so, the betta seemed very uninterested in him when first introduced to the tank, I think because the pleco was small and nowhere near showy enough to annoy the betta.

I don't think that I'll be using them. A dwarf pleco seems too hard to keep track of as my substrate is largish pebbles, this one was starting to go mouldy by the time I found him, and I don't have room for a school of Corys. PM me your address and I'll send them on. They're Spectrum brand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

kylith wrote: »
    I don't think so, the betta seemed very uninterested in him when first introduced to the tank, I think because the pleco was small and nowhere near showy enough to annoy the betta.

I don't think that I'll be using them. A dwarf pleco seems too hard to keep track of as my substrate is largish pebbles, this one was starting to go mouldy by the time I found him, and I don't have room for a school of Corys. PM me your address and I'll send them on. They're Spectrum brand.

Get a few "bristle nose" plecs.

Lovely creatures and very easy to keep.

They only grow to around 4.5 inches.

I have 4 in my tank.:)

paddy147 wrote: »

Thanks, I'll keep them in mind for the future. Tank is only about 12.5"dia so they'd be a bit big for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Poor guy, i heard baby plecs can go into shock and die easily enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Are the wafers still looking for a new home?

Sorry, they're on their way to Sleepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

paddy147 wrote: »

Is that your own tank paddy147? Nice setup if it is :)

Have you any more full shots of the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

O/H just got them in the post there now kylith, thanks!

I hope they're luckier for you than they were for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement