Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Specialized Tricross - Stack & Reach Numbers?

• 12-09-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks,

Having just sold my 2008 Singlecross (size 54) I decided to start looking for it's replacement today and I have found that specialized do not publish stack & reach figures. I have my eye on a Kona Honky Tonk but they are sized in odd numbers so was thinking the stack & reach figures would help me pick between the 53 or 56.

Just hoping that someone out there with a tricross might have taken the measurements themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 volcanicash

i own a tricross, xl. don't know about stack and reach. but mine does have toe clip overlap. which can be annoying. other than that, its super comfortable geometry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Is stack and reach the same thing as head-tube length and top-tube length?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

No it's a different measurement. Its considered to be a true measurement of a frames height & length without having to look at Seat Tube Angle and Top Tube Length etc..

Like volcanicash, I fouind the singlecross to be very comfortable but my commute has changed and I need some gearing (lazy). I could just go for a regular tricross but I was looking to get something with regular road brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 canhascheez

I can measure them later and stick it up if you like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

Hi I've a 54 Tricross single and the measurements you're looking for, as best I can get them, would be reach: 385mm and stack: 563mm. Hope that's of some use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

I can measure them later and stick it up if you like?

Greyspoke wrote: »
    Hi I've a 54 Tricross single and the measurements you're looking for, as best I can get them, would be reach: 385mm and stack: 563mm. Hope that's of some use.

Thank you both. Those figures look good, I have compared them against the Kona Honky Tonk Stack & Reach and it's about what I expected. I apprecitate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Slothy

here is a guide to reach and stack.

Advertisement