Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Port Questions and directions

Options
  • 12-09-2011 1:54pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

i have to pick my little brother up from the Ferry in Dublin Port at 5.30pm this evening.

I have a few questions, is there a car park there where i can wait for him?

How the hell do i get to the port from Holles Street

thanks

IB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There is a carpark.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irishbird wrote: »
    How the hell do i get to the port from Holles Street
    Pearse Street, Tara Street, Butt Bridge, north quays, East Wall Road and the right turn to the port is signed once you get past the Point Village. It might be possible to go via Ringsend and the East Link bridge, but I don't know that area.

The port is quite big. Make sure you know which ferry company he's coming in with. Their terminals are well signed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

BeerNut wrote: »
    Pearse Street, Tara Street, Butt Bridge, north quays, East Wall Road and the right turn to the port is signed once you get past the Point Village. The port is quite big. Make sure you know which ferry company he's coming in with. Their terminals are well signed.

Brilliant - that was the way i was going to go but wasnt sure if could go that way.

I think he is coming into to terminal 3.

he told my mother he was going from hollyhead but the ferry getting in at 1725 is coming from liverpool, so i asked him and got some gobblegook annoying little ****e answer

it is a flipping nightmare trying to get straight answers from him :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Actually, the traffic system sends you left off East Wall road and then loops back under it, but it's all signed. Follow the ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Its like the airport there is a set down area. Easiest directions are go along the quays towards the point, take a left at the point and iirc its your second right. Its well sign posted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement