Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT228

Options
  • 12-09-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Can anyone confirm the starting date for year 2 on this course please , my son is still waiting to hear back for DIT .
    cheers .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Should be 19th September... So next Monday =D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭offalyred

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭beeceedeecee

It would seem he has not been offered a place , and the person he has been in contacy with hasnt replied to phone or email messages in 2 weeks .
    What should our next step be ,all help appreciated .
    Beecee .

Still no reply to phone calls or emails , what a joke .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Still no reply to phone calls or emails , what a joke .

Who are you trying to contact exactly?

If it's the Reg office I'd imagine they'd be crazy busy this week with all the first years starting.

Have you tried calling the main switch? They will know if the Reg office is overloaded and might put you in touch with someone else who can help.

Main switch is 402 3000 btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

I think you're a bit silly ringing them tbh, it clearly says on their website returning students start back the 19th. It's not rocket science.

That would count IF he was a returning student , but he isn't . but thanks for your helpful and positive input , it helped to zero end .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

That would count IF he was a returning student , but he isn't . but thanks for your helpful and positive input , it helped to zero end .
    I'd send your son in tomorrow since thats when most (all) courses start back. Tell him to call into course administrator/office early in the morning and try to figure out whats what

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Play nicely guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

I heard the course changed so that you can now leave after year 3 with an ordinary degree? Then year 4 with the level 8 one.

Is this true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i124Q wrote: »
    I heard the course changed so that you can now leave after year 3 with an ordinary degree? Then year 4 with the level 8 one.

Is this true?

The course has changed alright, as they do a course overhaul every 5 years and fourth year has changed quite a bit from last year. Not sure as to having an exit point after 3rd year but for what its worth, the closely linked Computing course has always had exit points so it might be the case, although you'd have to speak to a course co-ordinator or such to confirm it.

Advertisement