Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding band and photographer recommendations

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Thanks for all the replys folks. Time to get the phone out.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 suzyslt

Bands ... No idea!

Photos ... I just did a trash the dress shot with jet stokes photography based in Limerick, he was great, gave me lots of confidence, showed me how to pose whilst keepi me very relaxed. I was really pleased with the pics, he did said he had good deals for wedding at the moment if I knew anyone. Www.jetstokesphotography.com (I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

The News - great wedding band. You can check them out the last Sunday of every month in Foley's.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Who would people recommend currently for a wedding band? Have had a few quotes which range in prices, looking for a band that can play modern stuff but the oldies for the older crowd. Any advice would be grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Pious14 wrote: »
    Who would people recommend currently for a wedding band? Have had a few quotes which range in prices, looking for a band that can play modern stuff but the oldies for the older crowd. Any advice would be grateful

Restless played for my wedding and I couldn't fault them for a wedding. Catered for young and old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Was at wedding new years Eve. A band called the news played. They are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Had Escapade. They also played at my friends wedding. We really enjoyed them at both events. They play most weekend doing weddings and play in Smyths on Thursdays(as a 4 piece, but they are a 5 piece at weddings).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Was at a wedding last year where Atomic Chicken played. They were really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

The Patrick Roche band are fab for weddings his based in Clare and does weddings in limerick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

+1 for Patrick Roche, caters for all age groups and will have the dance floor full for the night, he's not a clock watcher either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Zombie thread..... OP here ;)

We went with Traffic for our band which were excellent. They were able to supply a DJ as part of the package too.
    http://www.trafficweddingband.com

We used Angles Photography for our pics. Diane is really cool and got some really good pics.
    http://www.angles-studio.ie

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My sister in law had Traffic as well, they are very good also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not Limerick based but The Suite are an excellent band! The lads are all very sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

Have been to 3 weddings traffic played at, and we had them at ours they're great in fairness to them. They did the dj'ing too, not the cheapest but defo worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭893bet

At a wedding recently and the band the had was "wavelenght". Think they are mayo based but play all over. Best band I have ever seen at a wedding.

They did a 90's dance mix (Mr vain, rhythm is dancer etc) but not in a techno and it was brilliant. They played all the usual stuff aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I would recommend Cardam Photography for wedding photography, very professional.

http://www.cardamphotography.com/

I was at a wedding before Christmas and there was a great band from Galway Raindance and they were just brilliant.

http://raindancelive.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Speaking of Photographers. I held back suggesting one until I saw the Album(s) he produced for us. They are excellent.

I recommend Martin Bedford Photography. Good guy who turned a passion into a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

The swing cats are brilliant! Would highly recommend them as a wedding band

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Thanks for the recommendations lads, hearing good things about Drive - has anyone had any experience with them?

Advertisement