Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really really hate when things are considered 'cult'. It's the biggest load of pretentious ****.

Have to disagree there, truth is that there is a majority of games players who have never played a DC and most of those would have owned a PS and waited for the PS2 because the "media" told them to.
    This also translates into excellent games that were overlooked on release because they lacked the words "Fifa" or "Crash Bandicoot" in the title.
    'hey look, I'm really really into something you've never heard of. I have in jokes you won't understand. I have to go now, my clique is waiting'

Bad news for you sport, I promise you are into games most gamers have never heard of and well, no need to go, we are your clique! :)
    I had one girl sitting in front of me at The Life of Brian pretty much saying every line word for word. As if her whole life had lead up to this moment and she was going to let everyone know. A few swift kicks to the back of her chair sorted that out.

Believe it or not many Python fans would have had moist, sticky fantasies about meeting a girl like that, a girl who I you could do the torturers dialogue with, "You lucky, lucky b@stard"...

That said I was at a Brian Wilson concert in The Point, as it was called, and the fella next to me sang through every single song, clapping with a somewhat psychiatric enthusiasm at each interval, as if his own personal god had descended and was going to make him the carrier of his seed after the gig, once he proved his devotion by pissing off the surrounding audience members, twat!

Then again I did that at a couple of Public Enemy concerts myself...
    Fight The Power!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Have to disagree there, truth is that there is a majority of games players who have never played a DC and most of those would have owned a PS and waited for the PS2 because the "media" told them to.
    This also translates into excellent games that were overlooked on release because they lacked the words "Fifa" or "Crash Bandicoot" in the title.

Not disagreeing with you. It's the terminology I have a problem with. Just because something is an unheard of gem doesn't mean you're somehow fantastic for playing it or need to fap over it's cultish exclusivity. A game is a game is a game. 'Cultification' (that should be a word) of things breeds snobbery.
    Bad news for you sport, I promise you are into games most gamers have never heard of and well, no need to go, we are your clique! :)

Ah but see, you're confusing a hobby group and a clique.

The term 'clique' has negative connotations of exclusivity and exclusion. This forum on the other hand has one of the most inclusive groups I've ever come across online. Ye lot are anything BUT a clique ;)

Believe it or not many Python fans would have had moist, sticky fantasies about meeting a girl like that, a girl who I you could do the torturers dialogue with, "You lucky, lucky b@stard"...

A girl who has absolutely no regard to her fellow film goers and ruins the experience for her own personal self gratification? They're welcome to her so :p
    That said I was at a Brian Wilson concert in The Point, as it was called, and the fella next to me sang through every single song, clapping with a somewhat psychiatric enthusiasm at each interval, as if his own personal god had descended and was going to make him the carrier of his seed after the gig, once he proved his devotion by pissing off the surrounding audience members, twat!

Then again I did that at a couple of Public Enemy concerts myself...
    Fight The Power!

There is a distinct difference between going to something and enjoying it, and going to something and proving to everyone how absolutely fantastic you are by just how MUCH you are enjoying it/know it/spit on others for not.

One is honest and what most people do, the other is pretentious arseholery.

Sorry, I'm getting a bit off topic here. I just hate snobbery and elitism is all! Everyone should be included and all that jazz. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A girl who has absolutely no regard to her fellow film goers and ruins the experience for her own personal self gratification? They're welcome to her so :p

She sounds dirty, I'd have got her number :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

yeah we've all done stuff like that in the cinema before now havnt we? I'll be the first to say I have and I wear it as a badge of honour.

What was this thread about again?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

What was this thread about again?

I think it was something about me owning a copy of Wily Wars and why it makes me fantastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I thought it was about me being the only person here to own the Death and Return of Superman. Cant really remember though

Master of the Universe

Touché my good sir, touché. :)

Posting from super modded Sega Nomad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah but see, you're confusing a hobby group and a clique.

A hobby group?

So, a hobby group is it?

Ok, so at the next Beers, after we play a few rounds of DinoRex we're going to get a little embroidery going on, later, if we're lucky we may fit in some decoupage and lace making.
    There'll be a bit of scrap-book making for those that lack the fine finger dexterity for the above, safety scissors and protective goggles will be supplied! :)

Hmm, I think I'd rather be in a clique!
    A open, liberal, welcoming clique of course.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

after we play a few rounds of DinoRex we're going to get a little embroidery going on, later, if we're lucky we may fit in some decoupage and lace making

Ahh, so thats what Retr0 was doing that night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

You should all take up Knitting, then you can have a sweet Jayne from firefly hat like me! :pac:

I know.. Cool, right ! haha..

Hmm, no thanks, I rather Vera myself...

Let's be bad guys!

Advertisement