Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi atrocious customer service

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

Getting a refund (To the full value of the product) after two and a half years of use is great service in my book regardless of how long it took to get there. Most shops wouldn't even entertain a phone call and would force you to the small claims court.

Well it's not great service in my book, and I'm very disappointed with Aldi. I had two Tevion products fail, both Computer Monitors, and both almost three years old. Both were replaced without quibble.

The fact that some other shops offer a shoddy service is neither here nor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

NewHillel wrote: »
    Well it's not great service in my book, and I'm very disappointed with Aldi. I had two Tevion products fail, both Computer Monitors, and both almost three years old. Both were replaced without quibble.

The fact that some other shops offer a shoddy service is neither here nor there.

The OP refused to accept a replacement, which would have been the item in my post above. She wants 100% of her money back.

I don't know what the terms of the guarantee are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The OP refused to accept a replacement, which would have been the item in my post above. She wants 100% of her money back.

I don't know what the terms of the guarantee are.

Surely the small claims court won't entertain that? Will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

wild_cat wrote: »
    Surely the small claims court won't entertain that? Will they?

I wouldn't have thought so, and I'm basing that on a run-in I had with Komplett over a defective graphics card two or three years ago.

The only replacement they could offer was one with a lower spec and a cheaper price than I'd paid for the original, and that was because it was the only item in stock that had the same connections as mine. When I refused that, they offered me a refund of "the market value" of mine, which meant that I'd lose out on about €60. I discovered that they were well within their rights to do this, which annoyed me no end.

As it happened, I decided to upgrade my machine, and asked for a credit aginst the parts that I bought from them. They accidentally credited me with more than the original card cost, and I said nothing.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

So the OP used the telly for 2 1/2 years and wants a full refund? refused numerous attempts by Aldi to sort the issue out.. how is this bad service by the company?

am i missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Sorry OP but I too think you are being harsh. I would have taken a similar product or cash equivalent. I don't think the small claims court will back you up on full refund of the original cost but please let us know if wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

The OP doesn't even know what the fault is. It possibly isn;t even a manufacturing fault. Could have been caused by a power surge and any number of domestic related issues.

Throughout Europe Aldi products are seen to be as good as or better than the middle market brands and their service is second to none.

Possibly they were a little concerened that one customer brought back a second TV afetr a similar interval and decided to be a little wary?

Advertisement