Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot 206 using way too much petrol

• 12-09-2011 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I drive a 1.1 engine and its not due for a service for another 1000kms or so and yet it seems to absolutely eating petrol. I got some bad petrol back in august and im wondering if thats the cause. I'd mostly be driving on main roads not in towns so it's not due to sitting in traffic. I'd get maybe 100kms out of a half tank of petrol which is awful compared to the kind of mileage i used to get. Has anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

A leak maybe? Look under the car for some petrol in the morning.

Does the car smell very strongly of petrol when you stand behind it? If so its running too rich and needs to be checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Firstly, measure it properly. Fuel gauges aren't the most accurate at times. What you need to do is:

1) Fill the tank to the brim.
    2) Zero the clock.
    3) Drive it and when you run low fill it up again.

Then you have the miles you have covered and the amount of fuel used (the second fuel receipt will have this).

Divide the number of litres by 4.54 to get it in gallons. Use the answer to this and divide the mileage covered giving miles per gallon. Only then can you know for certain what the actual economy is. It's more accurate than using the gauge, although it does sounds like an awful lot of petrol for 100km.

Advertisement