Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnancy

Options
  • 12-09-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi could anyone help me..

i started the pill 11th of august and i had sex two Saturdays ago and forgot to take my pill that morning and the sat night i had sex with my bf and after that he told me he ejaculated in me and was in my period same time and haven't taking pill since he told me that.. could i be pregnant?

I also have been doctors this morning and told her what happened and did a test and came back negative and she said it could still be to early to go back in two weeks. the last two or 3 days i am feeling sick, tired, and yesterday evening i got bad headaches and my eyes were soar two..

If anyone know's anything about this could they help me please.

Help Greatly Appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Hi Nessy

Your dates are a little confusing. If you started the pill on 11 August, and forgot to take the pill on Saturday the 3rd of September, and had unprotected sex that night? Is that correct?

I don't really understand how you could have had your period at that stage, as you would not have been due to take your week's break until the 8th of September. Missing one pill can bring on your period early, even when you continue to take to the pill, but it will usually take three to four days after the missed pill for the period to kick in.

Either way, missing a pill for more than 24 hours means that you should have used another method of contraception for seven days after the missed pill. It is perfectly possible that you might be pregnant now I'm afraid to say. As you would have only been due your period around now, it may be too early to test for pregnancy. Also, sometimes the doctor's pregnancy tests are not as sensitive as the ones you buy in the shops (surprisingly enough).

I would say to try to relax (stress can make your period late), I know it's easier said than done but while there is a chance you could be pregnant, it's not a large one. I would buy one of the clearblue digital pregnancy tests and test again in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭nessy382

JDD wrote: »
    Hi Nessy

Your dates are a little confusing. If you started the pill on 11 August, and forgot to take the pill on Saturday the 3rd of September, and had unprotected sex that night? Is that correct?

I don't really understand how you could have had your period at that stage, as you would not have been due to take your week's break until the 8th of September. Missing one pill can bring on your period early, even when you continue to take to the pill, but it will usually take three to four days after the missed pill for the period to kick in.

Either way, missing a pill for more than 24 hours means that you should have used another method of contraception for seven days after the missed pill. It is perfectly possible that you might be pregnant now I'm afraid to say. As you would have only been due your period around now, it may be too early to test for pregnancy. Also, sometimes the doctor's pregnancy tests are not as sensitive as the ones you buy in the shops (surprisingly enough).

I would say to try to relax (stress can make your period late), I know it's easier said than done but while there is a chance you could be pregnant, it's not a large one. I would buy one of the clearblue digital pregnancy tests and test again in a few days.

hi yes i got my period on the 11th of august and started the pill that day for the first time. two saturdays ago i has sex and still had my period since the 11th of august and i wasn't suppose to stop taking it i just did. so the tests you but in shops are better than the doctors one's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Ah I see. Yeah the pill can mess with your hormones for the first couple of months and sometimes it can mean a two week long period!

Yeah, most of the over-the-counter tests are better than the doctor issued one. Have a look on the back of a couple of the packets and get the one that is the most sensitve - i.e. the one that can detect the least amount of HCG (the pregnancy hormone) in your urine.

Assuming a normal 28 day cycle you would have only been due your period on the 8th of September. Given that it's the first month of taking the pill, and the fact that you only took it for two weeks, your cycle will be pretty messed up. So you might not get your period for another couple of weeks. So just be aware of that.

If you are pregnant, it might still be a little early for a pregnancy test to pick up any evidence of HCG in your urine, even with the good shop bought tests. So I'd wait until the weekend before you test again.

I hope it works out for you, whatever the result may be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you had unprotected sex on the 3rd of September it's too early to tell if you are pregnant or not, it takes between 10/14 days for a fertilized egg to implant in the womb and start producing the HCG hormone that detects pregnancy.

All you can do is wait. Remember that period symptoms are VERY similar to pregnancy symptoms in the early days.

Advertisement