Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading in Games

Options
  • 12-09-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I just found out the other day that HMV will let you trade in video games in exchange for gift cards/cash etc.

Anyone here know what the rules are around this? How recent do the games need to be? I've several Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3 games that I no longer play and would love to trade in for cash or a gift card. But some of them are perhaps 3-4 years old so I'm not sure if they'd take games that old.

Also, is there a limit as to how many you can trade in, either in quantity or the amount they're willing to pay you?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

from what i've overheard and from my friends experiences, the more popular the game is the more they will give you but if everyone has returned the game or traded it in after finishing it or whatever then they wont offer you as much. the older the game the less they give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do what I do and give em a ring. they are always helpful giving me prices over the phones on how much they will offer me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Dont be expecting to recieve a fortune for the games you trade in, If they are older than a few months they tend to give you alot less for them. They will give you more in store credit than straight out cash. Gamestop have a deal where if you trade in 3 games from this list you can get a new release game for €3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I almost exclusively trade in at HMV. I find their prices are alot better than Gamestop anyway. I had a copy of ghostbusters to trade and Gamestop offered me €8, hmv gave me 20. traded in RDR redemption with HMV the other week and got €21. I was shocked by that one. I generally go in with a figure in my head and HMV usually tops it while gamestop insult it.

That's in my experience at least.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Gamesnash.ie do some good deals to and will give you a postage allowance

• Advertisement
Advertisement