Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Stuttgart!

Options
  • 12-09-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey, im moving to Stuttgart next month on a student internship for an english Architecture company and in general I was wondering are there things I should be aware of before I start ie nightlife things to do etc? at the moment I am looking for accommodation but am unsure what type and where to stay also what is a reasonable rent to pay. I start work on the 4th of Oct and am there for a minimum of 7 months in (Rotebühlstraße 163, 70197 Stuttgart) the max I would be willing to pay is 400 (I am earning 800 a month). I am also thinking of joining there rugby team. anywho I would be extremely gratefull for any advice or help. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

www.thelocal.de is a good expat forum. Stuttgart in my experience is only okay but you are right at the start of the Schwarz Wald which is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

dissed doc wrote: »
    www.thelocal.de is a good expat forum.
    The forum is http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/

The Local is just the English written newspaper they work in association with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ehcor

I live near Frankfurt, but have been to Stuttgart many times, it's a nice city.

I'd also recommend Toytown, it can be a good forum to get information.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck, it'll be worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ocsor

Thanks very much for all the help toytown is really good, still looking for accomm but its all good

Advertisement