Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Gaming PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

If you spent another €50 that would be a kick ass gaming PC.

Put the HDDs in RAID 0 if you werent already planning that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You could get a Z68 board and run two monitors on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

Could I replace the P67 motherboard with this Z68 one and drop the graphics card?

ASRock Z68 Pro3 (B3), Sockel 1155, ATX

That should do the trick, the 2500k is pretty good when it comes to integrated graphics.

Thanks Teutorix.

Would the PSU be powerful enough for all the components?

• Advertisement

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=24479&agid=1629

I would go with this to be sure to be sure. It also allows room for expansion should you want to upgrade to a high end graphics card or other power hungry parts at some stage.

Without the graphics card I would actually go down to the 450W. There'd still be room for something like a 6850 + overclocking or a load of hard drives.

Monotype wrote: »
    Without the graphics card I would actually go down to the 450W. There'd still be room for something like a 6850 + overclocking or a load of hard drives.

Forgot he was getting rid of the card altogether. :rolleyes: Silly me.

Thanks Monotype.

I'm thinking of the BenQ G2420HD as dual monitors recommended in other threads.

The colours aren't fantastic in them but they're good value for what you're getting from size, ports and general performance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement