Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a savings account

• 12-09-2011 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

This might be pretty naieve of me but I am looking to set up a savings account that will allow me to put the remainder of my funds into savings each month. I don't mind walking in and physically handing over €227.36 or €22.13 each month but cannot seem to find the account that suits me. So far the banks I have been into have told me that they will require a fixed deposit each month, €100.00 for example, but I don't want this type of savings account.

Does the one I am looking for exist (besides a piggybank :p)? Or is this type of banking too low brow for our financial institutions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

Rabodirect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

UB reg savers. Set amount via standing order but this can be changed depending on how much you want to save. So it's possible to save a different amount each month or week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭BrianD3

You could buy an An Post (NTMA) savings bond or cert each month or as often as you like. You need a minimum of 100 euro for a bond and 50 for a cert and you can have a max of 120k in certs and 120k in bonds. You can buy by just walking into the post office with cash and ID.

These are 3 and 5.5 years term deposits but your money is not "locked away" you can get it back at any time by giving 7 days notice although interest will be reduced if you do that.
    http://www.statesavings.ie/Downloads/Brochure2.pdf

Advertisement