Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a 2nd hand 360

Options
  • 12-09-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

hi,
    iv played xbox a good bit but have never owned one,im buying a 2nd hand xbox elite(that states it was used twice at most)and i was just wondering is there things i should look out for before cash is handed over, im hearing things such as banned consoles and older consoles that wont read discs :S any tips would be really helpful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

skinny90 wrote: »
    hi,
    iv played xbox a good bit but have never owned one,im buying a 2nd hand xbox elite(that states it was used twice at most)and i was just wondering is there things i should look out for before cash is handed over, im hearing things such as banned consoles and older consoles that wont read discs :S any tips would be really helpful :)
    Long story short, Don't

Your likely to get a console that is on its last legs, is banned, or soon to be banned

New ones are going for as little as 185 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

new elites?...hes offering 140 for his but with 2 controllers and games etc....what if i tested it before hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Not new elites. You can get the new xbox360 slim 250GB for 185 euro. If you're buying a 2nd hand Elite try to get a Jasper. They don't suffer from RROD as much.See this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056380447

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

If you have any doubts about a console being banned, get the console serial number off the seller and ring customer support stating you want to check if it's banned before purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Id echo the sentiments of the above posters tbh.For the marginal price difference between a new and used console at least with a new one you have a come back,a second hand one you dont.Games are so cheap nowadays too I reckon you would be foolish to buy a used one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I wouldn't buy a second hand one. As said it could be banned, u dont know how much it has been used, it could have rrod and he could have done a cheap rrod fix like wrapping it up in the hot press. It may work for hour or 2 and then get rrod after a temp fix so testing it is no good.
    spend the few extra euros on the new one and you'll have a guarantee.

Losts of consoles have been banned recently with people claiming its microsofts fault. people could be trying to flog these consoles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

sadly have to agree with garv steer clear you will get a new 360 for 189 now in gamestop with a free game

Advertisement