Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Upgrading

Options
  • 12-09-2011 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All,

I was wondering if people could help me. I would love to upgarde my Sony Vaio VGC-V3S All in One Desktop. It still has all the original hardware/software when I bought it. Any suggestions of what I would need to upgrade to help improve performance would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

There is about a 0% chance you will be able to do anything that will increase performance. AIOs are probably worse than laptops when it comes to upgrading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lolly2007

Not even memory? I have no intentions of replacing the PC so any other help than No would be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

It uses DDR, i havent seen DDR used in a long time. I have to say however that upgrading RAM will not increase performance unless you are maxing out what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

More RAM and fresh install of Windows 7 would be no harm, other than that not much you can do I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lolly2007

More RAM and fresh install of Windows 7 would be no harm, other than that not much you can do I'm afraid.

Thanks Moolers2000, so you thing upgrading RAM would help(even if just a little) and what would upgrading to Windows 7 do? Would there be compatible drivers you think?

• Advertisement

Lolly2007 wrote: »
    Thanks Moolers2000, so you thing upgrading RAM would help(even if just a little) and what would upgrading to Windows 7 do? Would there be compatible drivers you think?

In my experience extra RAM always helps a bit and you'll need more RAM to get Windows 7 to install anyway. You can download Windows 7 and install it on a trail basis for a month without activating it. Drivers could be a problem but you won't know until you try. Worth a shot anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

run this http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=20 it'll tell you if win7 will work or not and driver compatibility etc

I've got XP and Vista drivers to work with Windows 7 by using the windows 7 compatibility mode. Not foolproof but worth investigating.

Advertisement