Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

g'em moderation of Health & Fitness

Options
  • 12-09-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

hello

i gave helpful advice directed at the OP in a thread - another poster called me obtuse an snide

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056362817

i attempted to clarify by quoting and expalined where i was coming from in my posts - i hope you can see my input in this thread was purely helpful and referencing resources the OP could get specific info from and any further posts were to clarify good natured

the moderator then told me to "reel it in" - when PMed them directly they said i was "sniping"

i don't agree so would like to open a dispute in the hope it can be resolved

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is there a ban or infraction being disputed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the moderator appears to be threatening me on thead not to reply - i assume if i do i will get an infraction / ban?
    g'em wrote: »
    I deleted your last post because - as a former Moderator you will be painfully aware - arguing with a Mod on-thread is not allowed. Besides, you've already PM'd me about it.

And seeing how you've reacted to nothing more than a mild warning on-thread only serves to tell me that this would, in fact, go down the route I'd have feared had it been left to continue. Now please, leave it be, and do not post any further on the thread.

i am questing the moderator's judgement at admonishing someone who simply posted helpful advice and when called obtuse and snide by a fellow poster decided to call me out on that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't a DRP thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I suggest two things:

1: you adhere to a moderator's instructions

2: you grow a thicker skin

As far as I can see, there is no dispute here other than a difference of opinion.

g'em has a top-notch history here on Boards.ie and I do not see anything wrong with the way she handled the disagreement between you and Hanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

tom - i disagree

when i was a moderaror i was top notch :) i didn't alienate people who have a lot of worthwhile info to offer - in fact the several years I did moderate a busy forum (which for some reason generated a lot of nerd-angst) we commonly neutralised any situation but we were also fair - g'em achieved neither of those things and only severd to exhaserbate the issue due to her poor moderation call

history is great - but every moderator can display poor judgement - as a previous long standing moderator on here - i'll maintain g'em has clearly displayed poor judgement on this matter

regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

flywheel wrote: »
    i'll maintain g'em has clearly displayed poor judgement on this matter

Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. We will have to agree to disagree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement