Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest option for iphone

Options
  • 12-09-2011 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

i have been with 02 for 14 yrs on a bill and because i have an iphone my bills are nearly 90 a month, what is the cheapest network to go with, either billpay or top up?
    my hubbie is pay as you go and always seems to get texts for 02 offering cheap text or calls for paddys day, christmas etc you get nothing with the bill only tied into a contract each time you change your phone etc......
    currently this is what i get for €69
    350 anytime mins
    insurance
    internet
    any network texts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How many minutes do you need?
    How many texts do you need?
    How much data do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

ideally id like
    200mins
    150 texts
    250mb

also can you get insurance for pre pay iphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

alibride wrote: »
    ideally id like
    200mins
    150 texts
    250mb

also can you get insurance for pre pay iphones?

Yes, you can get insurance for prepay. Are most of your calls and texts to o2 network or what networks?

hey davy
    ya most would be to 02
    where can i get the insurance for pre pay as looked online but you have to get insurance from the day you buy the phone? cant remember what company that was though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 purplecoconut

Three are by far the cheapest. €40 a month and u get 300 flexiunits (ie one unit=1minute of talk time or 2 text messages so you could have for instance 200minutes and 200 texts or whatever combination suits you best). You also get unlimited data, free three to three calls and one free add on. 02 and Vodafone aren't even close to this sort of value. Three have coverage as good as either of these and actually use vodafones coverage to supplement their own. The biggest problem with three is their infuriating staff in their customer service call centres. But then if all goes well, you have no reason to have to deal with those idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭bop1977

You could try Tesco mobile. the site i have linked below is their price for sim only: (you can also port your number but you must supply your own handset)

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/SIM-only-plans.aspx

wow tesco looks like a great deal
    and ya i want to keep my i phone just change providers
    what covereage do tesco have though as i live in a rural area where vodafone is crap but 02 is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Tesco Mobile are sharing the O2 network.

Have a look at the Tesco Mobile thread (post 170) on how to get a micro SIM to try out their network -
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056412943&page=12

Also note post 166 about the data cap currently being on the Tesco Mobile network (to be removed sometime in 2012).

Advertisement