Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk to me about potty training!

Options
  • 12-09-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Megan is now 20 months and has recently started telling us when she has done a 'poo poo'. We bought a training toilet seat and although she is happy to sit on the toilet, she's yet to actually do a pee or poop in the loo!

So what I would like to know from those of you that have been there and done that is -

When do you know when to start potty training?

What methods have worked for you?

I know she's probably still a little too young, but there's no harm in being prepared!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

all kids are different! and they kinda know themselves when theyre ready. Sounds like your lil woman might me, worth trying but if it doesnt work out, no big deal, just leave it for another while.

i used the behaviour chart system, chart on back of bathroom door, and everytime he/she went to the loo successfully, they got to draw a star or happy face...and then a weeks worth of happy faces = a treat. Worked a treat too !

U get the charts and wipeable board markers in any bookshop , like ABC pr even the larger Easons

Best of luck
    Happy potty training :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Hi all!

Megan is now 20 months and has recently started telling us when she has done a 'poo poo'. We bought a training toilet seat and although she is happy to sit on the toilet, she's yet to actually do a pee or poop in the loo!

So what I would like to know from those of you that have been there and done that is -

When do you know when to start potty training?

What methods have worked for you?

I know she's probably still a little too young, but there's no harm in being prepared!

Thanks in advance :)

When I was potty training my little boy I got a can of novelty soap, I placed it were he could see it but not reach it and told him that everytime he did a pee pee or poo poo in the toilet he could use the "special soap".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

readmylips wrote: »
    i used the behaviour chart system, chart on back of bathroom door, and everytime he/she went to the loo successfully, they got to draw a star or happy face...and then a weeks worth of happy faces = a treat. Worked a treat too !

Love it! I'm going to try potting training this weekend and am going to borrow this idea. I've freed up the whole weekend so am going to keep at it...if it doesn't work by the end then we'll go at it another time.

Advertisement