Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with an unwanted stray cat?

• 12-09-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Can anyone advise me where I can bring a stray cat that has basically taken over the place and is eating my cat's food & sleeping in my cat's box (he's an outdoor cat). It appears to be a young male tom & semi-feral. He runs if you go near him but will take food from your hand. He hisses at my cat if my cat tries to eat his food, etc. Before anyone suggests keeping him I don't want 2 cats! I'm in the Laois area. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Quick search and I found this -> <snip>

or their facebook page -> <snip>

Get in contact with them and they might be able to bring out a trap and catch the cat to have him/her neutered or maybe rehomed. Give them a ring anyway they might be able to help or at least point ye in the direction of help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Sorry Tonituddle, no recommendations of rescues - especially if you have no personal experience of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

We neutered a stray cat in our area as she just kept having litters of kittens and i felt so sorry for her. We did this by borrowing a cat trap from a local vet. (you put food in and when the cat walks in to get it the door closes shut behind it). I think local animal welfarte charities also have these traps and use them to resue strays and taken them in so they should be able to help...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭treascon

Thanks for the replies. I tried getting in contact with my local animal welfare charity but got no response & no call back (not for the 1st time I may hasten to add)! So now it looks like we will have to try & trap him ourselves & see where we go from there. He really needs to go as he has totally bullied my cat out of his own home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Sorry Tonituddle, no recommendations of rescues - especially if you have no personal experience of them.

Ooops sorry didn't know that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement